Chapter 28

It didn't take long before I was done. While I set up everything on the kitchen island, I got out a jug of grape and orange juice. 

Eric had gotten up to make coffee earlier, so we had the breakfast complete. In time, the last slices of bread popped out of the toaster and I sat down to eat.

"So, what are you guys in the pack?" I asked them as I took a bite from one of the bacon strips. 

Both of them were now eating hungrily. I almost wondered when the last time they ate was.

"I'm just a member, but John's the third in command," Eric replied. I raised an eyebrow, while I looked at John. 

Now I knew why it was him on the other side of Dylan, when he stood against Blake.

"Why are you babysitting me if you're the third in command?"

"We're not babysitting, we're taking making sure no harm comes to you. And it's an honorable job. We're responsible for the pack's Luna," John said, genuinely looking proud of it.

After we finished eating, I stayed in the kitchen to clean up. The guys went to the games room and started watching some TV. 

Before leaving the kitchen, John warned me to stay inside the house.

"I'm going upstairs," I told the pair after I cleaned up.

They were both engrossed playing a video game and only John raised his hand and waved at me.

I walked up the stairs, going as slowly as I could. I knew they would be somewhat listening in. I wanted to find a way to get out of the house and go find Dylan.

Once I got to my room, I quietly locked the door. As soon as I heard it click, I slowly stepped away from it. I tried listening in on John and Eric. They both seemed to be really into the game. 

I had been walking around barefoot, so I put on some converse- still trying to be as quiet as I could.

When I finished, I made my way to the balcony in our room. It had a beautiful view. Before I left, I hadn't really cared for it. 

Now, I couldn't help but admire the beauty of it.

I looked at the ground, trying to calculate the fall. I was trying to picture the house, making sure John and Eric wouldn't be able to see me if I jumped out. 

From how the rooms were set up, they had to be on the opposite side of the house, downstairs.

I made my way out the glass door. There was some green shrubbery down below. In any other case, it would've helped, but not in that moment. 

I went inside the house again, and walked to the other window in our room. That one had a clear fall. I decided to go down through there instead.

As soon as I jumped out, I started running like my life depended on it. I didn't want to waste any time. The last thing I needed was to let John and Eric figure out I was gone.

I ran north, trying to see if I could find the clearing John had been talking about. I didn't know Dylan's lands at all.

My sense of direction was good, so I kept going without taking time to look back.

After running almost the five miles, I stopped and looked around at my surroundings. I lowered my head, trying to concentrate on any noises in the area.

"Luna," a guy around my age said, lowering his head at me respectfully.

"Uh, hi," I replied, waving at him.

"Did you need anything?" He asked me.

"Do you happen to know where Dylan is at?"

Just as the guy was about to answer, Dylan walked out of the trees with a guy by his side. He looked surprised to see me. I smiled at him, and waved my hand.