Chapter 17

Dylan's POV

I walked toward the entrance of the mall. Only 45 minutes had gone by since I left Leila, so I chose to wait for her outside.

Just the thought of Leila, brought a smile to my face.It was all happening this weekend. I would present her to the pack, and by then- we would be fully mated. 

Thinking of that was stirring my wolf.

I knew it wasn't time yet, but I decided to go in and look for her. My wolf was missing her and so was I.

More people filled up the stores than before I had left. 

There was a hint of Leila's scent in the air, but it was weak. I walked around aimlessly, hoping to find her in the stores I walked through.

When I checked the time once again, it was already 10 minutes after the hour.

While I walked to the front parking lot, I scolded myself for simply not waiting for her up front.

There was a hint of rain in the air. I could smell the scent of the wet ground, so the rain must be coming our way. I chose to sit on one of the benches, next to a tree.

Leila should've been here already. It was almost hour and a half and she hadn't walked outside. A light drizzle was coating the area, but I didn't mind it.

Now, I was starting to worry about my mate. My wolf was fighting me to come out. 

He was more possessive of Leila than I was. It was because of my wolf that many times I did things I regretted, but in the end- I knew it was always for the best.

I settled my wolf, not needing him to remind me that Leila was nowhere in sight.

I got up from the bench and started making my way inside. 

People stared at me as I passed by, but I didn't mind and didn't care. I was used to the attention I got from people. 

Even the humans felt the power emanating from my Alpha title. They just couldn't explain what it was.

I rushed through the stores, trying to catch a hint of her scent. What had been there before- it was completely gone now.

My wolf was fighting me more for control, and I was feeling restless. Something was wrong. Leila should've known to be in the front, on time.

I opened up the mind link with her, pressuring myself into her mind. As much as I tried, the wall she had up wouldn't budge.

I quickly walked outside of the mall and looked around. Even though it was still early, the parking lot had slowly started to clear out.

My heart was pounding faster than usual, and an ache started to form in the pit of my stomach. 

I quickly ran towards the woods, jumping in the air- and transformed into my black wolf.

I ran around the woods, trying to see if her scent was around, or if someone else's scent was.