Chapter 14

I wanted to shift back to my human form, but it didn't feel safe. I took a deep breath and it was then when I noticed what was wrong.

I was in another pack's territory.

I looked around, trying to think when it was that I crossed the line and trespassed. 

The law of trespassers, especially for rogues, was death. Being distracted and wrapped up in my thought's had made me lose concentration without even noticing.

I slowly retracted my steps. Unless the pack was doing rounds right now, there shouldn't be anyone so out in their territory.

 I knew I was in the outskirts of their land, but I was still about a mile in.

My father many times tried to teach me about all the packs in the US and each time, I thought there were better things to do. 

Now, I knew why that was the wrong way to go.

For sure, I knew there were only twelve packs in the US, all located in the areas with the biggest greenery. To know which one I was trespassing and what they could do to me- that was still a mystery.

I was walking back, with my ears perked up- staying alert. I was about to make it out of their territory when I heard what I had been dreading.

Growls were coming from behind me and they sounded really pissed off.

I turned around and found a single gray wolf standing there, his stare on me and he was baring his teeth in a threating manner.

It was him against me, which wouldn't seem like a big deal. Except he was a male- which are usually stronger- he was twice my size, and he was an Alpha.

It was obvious I was stuck. I couldn't run away, or he would chase after me and probably kill me. 

If I stayed, he would probably kill me anyways for trespassing. In simple words- I was doomed.

I laughed inwardly at my luck.

I ran away from my Alpha, to escape the marriage of the Alpha from the neighboring pack. Then I landed myself with another Alpha who turned out to be my mate. 

After running away from him, I get trapped by a new Alpha who will probably be the one to break the cycle.

The way he would do it was what I wasn't interested in- he would just kill me.

The gray wolf walked away from me, behind some trees. I stood there confused, not knowing if I should take that chance to run. 

There was a big chance that he would catch me, so I decided to remain still.

He came back in his human form. I wasn't expecting him to be so young. From Dylan though, I should've assumed that there were other young Alphas. Dylan was 21 years old.

This guy looked around that age, possibly a few years older. He was wearing black basketball shorts and his upper body was bare.

 I could see his prominent muscles, which added to his intimidating image.

Even though my Alpha back home was older, the Alpha in front of me reminded me a lot of him. They both looked threatening and dangerous. 

Maybe that is the way Dylan looked to other people, because he was serious most of the time.

I got used to bending the rules with him because he was my mate and never really treated him like Alpha.

"You are trespassing," the Alpha said- his face remaining stoic and his voice expressionless. I nodded my head once.