Excerpt

Dylan's POV (The day Blake and Christy met)

I could hear Leila yelling even after she reached the first floor. It was tearing up my Wolf, but I was trying to keep myself in check.

I would deal with Leila later.

My Wolf knew she would be angry with us. He was fighting me to go after our mate but I ignored him. Leila wanted to be here, but she didn't want to be here for me.

For some reason unknown to me, she had become fond of Blake.

"I'm not letting you hurt my mate," Blake warned me.

After Leila and Eric were taken to the upper level, Blake seemed to go into alert mode.

I understood where he was coming from. If it had been Leila in his mate's position, I wouldn't want her to get executed.

But then again, Leila had never hurt anyone. Blake's mate along with the rest of the Rogues that came with her had injured members from my pack.

"I'm not giving you an option," I told him.

He narrowed his eyes at me.

We were a few feet apart from each other but I could practically feel his Wolf trying to go after me.

"We could strike up a deal. It's obvious you have the upper hand in this," Blake said, as he motioned around us.

We were both surrounded by our pack members.

While he had three of his shifters with him, I had over twenty of my men backing me up.

"I'm not looking for a fight. It's not in my interest. I just want your mate," I steadily told him.

Blake growled at me when I said that. He'd always been very composed. But my words must've done something to him, because he went after me.

It only took a second for my men to step in and make Blake back off.

"Don't hide behind them. Let's keep this between you and me," Blake said to me, his words coming out in growls.

His eyes were darkened and he kept breathing heavily.

By this point, I wouldn't put it past him to do something stupid to anger my Wolf. I was trying to keep my Wolf away for now.

This hadn't been about me. John wanted justice for what had happened to Lily and I agreed with him.

If Blake's mate had touched Leila- even if it had been just a scratch- she'd already been ripped to shreds.

"This isn't about us. It's about her and what she did," I told him.

I was trying to reason with Blake, but it wasn't working. I had already figured that would happen, but it was worth a shot.

"If you hurt my mate, I'm taking Leila away from you," Blake told me.

His words were enough to make me lose all my self-restrain.

"What did you just f*cking say?" I snarled at him, closing the distance between us.

Everyone around us went still while Blake and I had are stare off.

I could feel my Wolf trying to rise, trying to take over and make Blake take back his words.

Leila was mine! My mate, not his!

"Mate or not, she'll leave you if you do this," Blake continued taunting me.

I shoved him away, but he only stumbled back a step or two.

"I'm doing you a favor by letting you go," I told him.