Chapter 101

Deciding to get out of Midnight Moon territory and actually doing it- were two different things. We had to stay in our human forms, so that we wouldn't rip our clothes to shreds after shifting.

There was also the extra security around the lands, which made a Wolf from the pack run through every ten minutes.

It took us almost an hour to be able to get out of our territory, and even then, I knew they could easily catch up to us.

Both Liam and I were leaving behind our scents.

I was laughing almost all the way out through. I was having too much fun, and the running was a welcome distraction.

"We made it!" Liam yelled.

Some of the humans passing by turned to stare at us.

We were standing in front of the shops in town. The woods were close by, but we were basically on the safe side.

"I can't even believe we did," I said, looking back at the woods.

"C'mon," he said, grabbing my hand in his and dragging me to the closest store.

It happened to be an electronics store, almost as big as the super market at the end of the road.

We'd been in the store for a while. I was surprised when Liam told me he actually had money.

"I'm going to the other side to check out the iPods. You wanna come or are you gonna keep looking at those?" Liam asked, while nodding at the laptops I'd been checking out.

"I'll stay here for a while. I want to buy one," I told him, while motioning my hand in a dismissing way.

"Alright, I'll see you later. Call me if you need me," Liam said, doing a playful salute with his pointer and middle finger.

Liam had only been gone for about five minutes. I'd been checking out the laptops and the different things each of them had to offer.

I hardly understood what anything meant, which was why I only stared- trying to see if I could figure out on my own one that would be good.

I'd been too concentrated on looking at the small description card each of them had, to notice another presence behind me.

It wasn't until a hand snaked around my waist, settling in my stomach, and a hand covered my mouth- that I noticed I was no longer alone.

His touch and scent were enough to send my Wolf into a frenzy.

"Stay quiet, I only want to talk," Nicolas whispered in my ear.

Without much effort, he began dragging me towards the back area of the store.

I was surprised there was no one around to stop him. The aisles were too tall, so I couldn't see where Liam was. I only felt him, but I wasn't sure if I should call him.

Would Alpha Nicolas hurt Liam, just like he'd caused Eric to get hurt?

The sour thought was unwelcome in my mind. It just brought everything back. The pup, Eric, my dad, the other members of the pack- they had all died because of the man that was standing behind me.

He had managed to drag me to the back of the store. I could've probably gotten away, had I not gotten distracted with the thoughts that kept swarming in my mind.

"Leila," Alpha Nicolas said, finally releasing the hold he had on my mouth.

He turned me to face him, and it hit me harder when I looked into his eyes.

"I missed you so much. I was waiting to get you alone," he said, putting his hands roughly on the sides of my face.

He rested his forehead on mine, having to lower himself to reach me.