Chapter 53

"I'll miss you," I told Blake, while holding his hands. I had a hard time sleeping last night because I didn't want to think about Blake leaving today.

Dylan was standing right next to me, pretending to not be paying attention to what Blake and I were saying.

"You know I'll miss you too," Blake said, offering me a smile.

I got closer to him, and gave him a hug. Dylan let out a small growl, which only caused me to roll my eyes. Blake chuckled at Dylan, finding amusement in his behavior.

"It's just a hug," Blake told Dylan, after releasing me.

"Leila just happens to be my mate," Dylan told Blake, as he wrapped his arms around my waist possessively.

Blake looked at me, while raising his eyebrow.

"Let's hope he has better control next time I see you," Blake told me, and gave me a grin.

"Let's hope you have a mate next time we see you," Dylan said, while narrowing his eyes at Blake.

"That wouldn't be too bad. I'll miss flirting with Leila though," Blake said, grinning mischievously.

I chuckled at his words, but Dylan didn't find it funny- at all.

"I think you should go now, before I can't stop myself," Dylan told him, his words holding a threat to them.

"I was leaving already either way," Blake replied.

I watched as he got in the truck, with Russell and a few other guys from his pack. Michael had come to pick him up.

I felt nervous that Blake was going to be on the road for a few hours before getting back to his pack. I wasn't going to relax until I knew he was safe in his land. What helped me feel better was that I knew Michael would take care of him. He was always worried about Blake's protection- that gave me some comfort.

"He will be fine," Dylan told me, while I waved one last time at Blake.

"I know, but I still worry. Alpha Nicolas or Alpha Jackson could have someone out there waiting to attack Blake."

"You can be calling him while he's on his way," Dylan told me.

I trusted Blake could take care of himself, but I was still going to feel better until I knew that he wasn't on the road.

"Come on, let's go inside," Dylan said, giving my waist a squeeze and walking me to the door.

"Should we escort them out?" Jace asked Dylan, as he nodded toward the direction where Blake and his men had left.

"Just make sure they leave our land safely. You can return as soon as they cross our territory," Dylan ordered, and Jace nodded.

He left with all the other guys who were on the outside of Dylan's mansion.

"Did you tell Blake about Alpha Nicolas attacking next week?" I asked Dylan.

We were in Dylan's office. He had to sign some papers, and do some work with his finances. I didn't want to be alone roaming the house, so I decided to join him.

So far, it had been utterly boring. I kept interrupting Dylan every two minutes with questions. He didn't seem to mind, so I kept going.

"I did. He's going to be back in a few days," Dylan replied. He didn't even look up from his papers while he spoke.

I was probably being a bother to him, or getting annoying, but he didn't say anything about it.

"Are you going to be busy for a lot longer?" I asked Dylan, a bored expression probably covering my face.