Chapter 85

Voices in the background made me snap out of my sleep. My night had been restless. Waking up in someone's arms didn't necessarily help to calm my nerves.

I moved around until I focused on the face of the person carrying me.

"Dylan," I whispered.

He nodded at me at me once, and continued on his way. Benjamin, Dylan's father, was on his side.

"What are you doing? Why are you carrying me?" I asked him, as I noticed the scenery on our sides.

It was still dark outside, but my Wolf knew it was already morning. We were walking in a trail, with trees surrounding us.

"We are getting ready for the attack. The people from the pack that aren't fighting- women and children- are all hiding in the cells. The only prisoner Rogue that we had in there was removed last night," he said, giving me information, without an explanation.

"Where did you move him?" I asked.

That Rogue was important. I knew it in my heart. A pack had exiled him, but several Rogues had come to get him back. Rogues didn't really care about anybody. The fact that they had risked their lives to come and save him meant that the Rogue was somebody.

"You'll see him soon enough," he said, continuing on his way.

I remained quiet, as Dylan and Benjamin continued talking about today. I didn't try to get off of Dylan's arms and he didn't make any attempt to let me go.

In reality, I was trying to enjoy any moment I could get to be next to him. Today would be the hardest day we had faced, and I was hoping it would end in our favor.

We made it to what looked like a fancy apartment. It didn't exactly have the style of a home, so it felt wrong calling it that.

Dylan had just put me on the ground, when the door opened.

"Alpha- Sir," Eric said, bowing his head at Dylan and Benjamin.

"Eric?" I asked, confused.

He smiled at me nervously, but remained quiet otherwise.

"I want to fight," I stated, as Dylan and I stood in the living room of the apartment.

The moment that Eric began having problems at home, he had a talk with his Alpha.

I was aware that all pack members received a generous stipend from Dylan. The older people from the pack usually used the money Dylan gave them for their savings. 

They knew if they needed anything big though, Dylan would provide for them.

The younger ones usually blew the money off- or so Eric said. He didn't want to live at home, with all the headaches his family was giving him about finding a mate. So, he asked Dylan to help him get a place.

Dylan did.

He bought him a bachelor pad, on one condition. Eric had to help keep me there while the fight was going on. Eric would keep me in the shelter today, and any other time anyone tried to attack us. 

Even if Eric didn't agree, which he still did, Dylan would be able to force him- since he was the Alpha.

Eric's apartment had an underground safe house. Our mansion had one too, safer even than the pack prison. The problem with our underground safe house was that it was the obvious place someone would look in.

No one yet knew that Dylan had built Eric's apartment. It was in the pack territory, close enough to our home, but not too close to where the fight would happen. Dylan was satisfied with his decision.