Chapter 74

Dylan kneeled right next to me, trying to hold me in his arms.

When he touched me though, I shoved him away.

I hated that his touch caused an amazing electric feeling to run through my body. I hated it because I wanted him to touch me, but at the same time, I was so angry with him.

"Maybe you should leave," I faintly heard Eric say.

I only felt as Dylan moved away from me, and was about to attack Eric.

I had to get up, and stand between them. Dylan was going to take it out on Eric, and that was definitely not fair.

"Leave," I told Dylan.

"This is my house too, and I'm not leaving anywhere," Dylan retorted.

He was right. In that moment, more than any other, I felt like I didn't belong there.

"Fine, then I'm leaving," I told him.

Just as I was about to take a step toward the door, Dylan stopped me.

"I'll go."

I looked up at him, narrowing my eyes.

"Maybe you should lie down for a little while. You look tired," Dylan said.

I didn't say anything, only kept my eyes on him, as I waited for him to leave the room.

It felt like an eternity before he started walking out. Just before leaving, he turned back to look at me once again.

"If you need me, just call out or tell Eric to come get me. I'll be around the house. I'm going to dismiss everyone else," Dylan quietly said, before making his way out.

I heaved a sigh of relief when he was finally out of the room.

I had been a step away from running up to him, and telling him it was all okay. The moment he left the room, I took a seat on the couch. I rested my back on it, while letting my eyes close for a few seconds.

"I'm sorry," Eric said. He was standing near me, but I wasn't sure where. I felt too lazy to open my eyes.

"What are you sorry for? None of this was your fault," I told him.

He stayed quiet, and I only heard his leveled breathing. When I felt the other side of the couch dip, I knew he was now sitting down next to me.

"I couldn't protect you. It was sort of my fault that Mitch got the chance to knock you out," Eric said.

When I opened my eyes to frown at him, he had an angry look on his face.

"Honestly, I think we didn't do too badly. It was just two of us against all those other guys. And, I'm sort of a weakling. So, I guess it was mainly you. I don't even remember what happened after I saw Jace shift," I admitted.

"It all happened so fast. I didn't notice when Mitch knocked you out. I had already shifted. I just remember fighting anyone who got in front of me. It wasn't until Jace attacked me, that I had to shift back. He played the title card on me. Jace isn't the Alpha, but that dude is strong," Eric said.

"That's why you're all bruised up?"

His bruises were practically gone now. There were only light tinges of yellowish purple on his skin. They looked like bruises that had been there for days, instead of minutes or hours.

"Not exactly. After Jace made me shift back, I got in a fight with a few other guys. That happened about ten minutes before you woke up. I wanted to take you up to your room, but they wouldn't let me. They said the Alpha wouldn't be happy if you were in your bed alone, with a bunch of guys, so..." Eric said, as he pointed at his face.