Chapter 32

Dylan was about to turn the knob of the front door. I stopped his hand before he could get it opened.

"Wait," I said, trying to give myself a few moments.

"They won't do anything to you. I won't let them," Dylan said, running the outside of his hand on the side of my face.

"Sorry, I just haven't seen them in a while. I need to take a few breathes before facing them," I admitted.

We waited for what could've been a full minute. I expected it to go fast, but I almost felt the ticking of time as it passed by. The more I waited, the worse I felt.

I nodded once at Dylan, and he knew it meant I was ready- or as ready as I would be.

Dylan walked outside, with Jace right next to him and me on the other side. We were holding hands, but I was trying to hide behind his back. 

Dylan was much taller than me. His figure would no doubt hide me. It wouldn't do any good either way, because they would catch my scent and know I was there.

Not many men were accompanying them. I recognized five men from my pack, plus my dad and Alpha Jackson. The other ten guys must've been from Alpha Nicolas' pack.

Seeing my dad made me want to run to him, and have him tell me everything would be alright.

Most of them were distracted, talking amongst each other. Little by little, we started gaining the attention of the men.

"Leila," my dad was the first to speak. I looked at him, and offered my best smile. It was hard, considering the situation we were in.

"You found her," Alpha Nicolas said, sounding surprised, as he took a few steps toward us. He was looking at me the same way he did every time we were together.

It almost felt like no time at all had passed.

"How did you find her?" Alpha Jackson asked Dylan, looking at him suspiciously.

"Leila crossed my land a few weeks ago," Dylan replied.

"It doesn't matter. I'm glad you found her. I will forever be in your debt," Alpha Nicolas said, trying to approach us.

When he did, Dylan signaled with his hand toward his pack members and about five of them got between us and Alpha Nicolas.

"What's going on here?" My dad asked- looking at Dylan with narrowed eyes.

"Nicolas won't be in debt with me because Leila won't be leaving," Dylan said, giving a stare to each of the Alphas.

The tension in the air was thick. If it hadn't been for Dylan holding me, I don't know what would've happened. 

My legs felt shaky, barely holding up my own weight.

"Why won't she be leaving with me?" Alpha Nicolas asked, calling on his men and having them back him up.

"Leila is my mate," Dylan stated, letting go of my hand, to wrap his arm around my waist.

I didn't say anything as all the men who came along with Alpha Nicolas and Alpha Jackson stared at us with wide eyes.

"You're lying. Leila's mine and I'm going to marry her," Alpha Nicolas said, taking a step toward us.

One of Dylan's men put his hand on Alpha Nicolas' chest. It caused him to growl, but he didn't back down.

"You were going to marry her, and trust me, the moment I would've found her- I would've killed you for forcing her into that," Dylan said, with his voice full of power.

No one said anything for a while.

"Leila, come here," Alpha Jackson ordered.

My wolf was feeling the authority in his words. For eighteen years, he had been my Alpha. I had always followed his command.

"She's going nowhere near you," Dylan said in a growl, tightening his hold on my waist.

"Oh I think she is," Alpha Jackson said, walking forward with all his men.

It was a stupid move. The moment that Alpha Jackson and Alpha Nicolas' men took a few steps towards us, all of Dylan's men surrounded them.

They were a total of eighteen of them, but there were about fifty of Dylan's men here. It was intimidating to see all of them ready to attack anyone who approached us.

"Leila, come with us. We need to go home," my dad said, looking at me and speaking how he did before I ran away.

I wanted to go with my dad, but not at the expense of losing Dylan. I didn't say anything, only shook my head at him.

"You belong to my pack. Come here, now!" Alpha Jackson yelled at me. His voice intimidated me and made me shrink back.

"Don't talk to her that way!" Dylan's voice sounded even louder and more threatening.

"Take her inside," Dylan ordered Jace.

"No, I don't want to go," I told Dylan, not letting go of him.

Jace looked between us, asking Dylan with his eyes whether or not to take me.

"My daughter is leaving today with us, whether you want to or not. She's young, she doesn't even know what she wants," my dad told Dylan.

His words angered me. How could he think that?

"I'm not leaving with you. Dylan is my mate and I want to stay with him. Whether I had found him or not, I am not marrying Alpha Nicolas," I told my dad harshly. 

It was hard to speak to him that way, but I was tired of everything.

"Watch how you talk to me. I won't tolerate this attitude," my dad said.

"No, you watch how you talk to my mate. Leila belongs to my Midnight Moon now. Not only is she my mate, she is the Luna of this pack," Dylan said, staring at my dad and then shifting his gaze to Alpha Nicolas.

Hope you guys comment and vote:)