Chapter 55

I must've caught him off guard, because it took no effort to move him. Once he was far enough, I was able to jump off the counter.

"Leila, I already told you I don't want you going out there. Going with Eric doesn't necessarily calm me down. You've already ran away from him plenty of times," Dylan said.

I was walking out of the kitchen and to his office- where I knew he had my bag.

"I'm not going to run away this time. I'll even stay by his side all the time," I assured him.

"Wait, and what is it that you are going to buy?" Dylan asked, suspiciously.

"I'm just going into the boutiques in town. I want something nice to wear for the barbecue later tonight."

"Don't buy anything too personal. Do that only when I take you or something," Dylan told me. He grabbed my shoulders, and made me turn to face him.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, genuinely confused.

"Things like panties or girl stuff like that. I don't want you to buy those things with Eric around," Dylan said, looking completely serious.

I couldn't help but chuckle at his words. Surprisingly, he wasn't joking.

"I won't, I promise," I told him, while rolling my eyes.

"Fine, you can go. But I'm going to be calling you through the mind link, and you better not block me out. I want a reply from you every single time," Dylan said.

"Okay, I don't mind. Now can I have my bag?"

Dylan gave me the bag, but he still didn't look convinced about letting me go.

"Where is Scott?" Dylan asked Eric.

"It's not his turn to do rounds. John is with Jace, so only I was left. But the whole pack is all over the place- what with the barbecue and all," Eric told Dylan.

"I know, I guess that helps," Dylan said, his face still holding that serious expression that he usually had.

Eric walked to the car, probably to give Dylan and me some time.

"I love you," I told him, getting on my tippy toes, and brushing my lips against his.

"Please save me the stress and the worry. Stay with Eric at all times," Dylan said, his eyes telling me that I should do as he said.

"I will, I will," I told him, and kissed him one last time before walking away.

"I would do a standing ovation, but I'm driving," Eric said, right after we took off from the house.

"Huh?"

"What you did in there- f*cking amazing."

"What did I do?" I asked him, cocking an eyebrow.

"Are you kidding me? What you did with the Alpha. I can't believe he let you come out today. Yesterday after you went missing, I just about pissed in my pants. He swore to never let you go out without him. Well, at least during these times," Eric said, still looking amazed.

I chuckled at him. I believed that. Dylan would definitely go to the extreme of keeping me locked in the house for my safety.

"I'm out now, and that's all that matters," I told him, sighing in relief.

Just as Eric had predicted, the town was full of Wolves from the pack. The town itself was small, so when you have about 200 people going out to shop at once- without counting the ones that are usually out and about- you get a really busy place.

There were a lot of people in the supermarket, the diner, boutiques, and shops. It felt nice, because even though I personally didn't know most of them, they gave me a sense of home.

As I passed by, all of them would nod at me in respect. I would offer a warm smile, trying to comfort them.

The pack just living their regular lives, made me want to do more to be around them. I hadn't been a proper Luna. The whole deal with Alpha Nicolas was keeping me locked away because Dylan was scared that everyone was out to hurt me.

I saw where he was coming from, but it was my job to be there for the pack too. I was their Luna after all.

"They love you, you know," Eric told me.

We were inside a nice little boutique. The large windows out looked the street and I saw a lot of people, and pack members pass by. When I entered the little store, quite a few members from the pack followed after.

Some would look at me- others would smile or wave. Overall, they were making me feel really happy- welcomed even.

"You think?" I asked, turning to face Eric.

"Well, every store we go into suddenly fills up with people from the pack. If that doesn't say they love you, then I don't know what will," he replied, shrugging.

I grinned at him, and continued on my search for an outfit to wear.

I didn't really need any clothes. I still had a lot of outfits that I had never worn, but I had wanted to get out of the house.

Now, I didn't really feel in the mood to shop. All I wanted was to walk around, and take a few breaths from the fresh air outside.

I made Eric walk out of the shop with me, and we continued down the sidewalk- passing a lot of little shops.

We were nearing the end of the road. At the very tip of the road was the supermarket. I was going to turn and go back, when I noticed Jace walking outside with John by his side.

They had plenty of big brown bags- more than likely filled with food.

I quickly walked toward them, with Eric by my side.

"Jace!" I yelled, wanting him to hear me.

When he turned to look at me, he gave me a playful grin.

"Can I ask what the lady is doing outside of the mansion?" Jace asked, when he reached Eric and me.

"I can't leave the house or what?" I asked, knowing why he'd made that comment.

"Not according to Dylan. He said you weren't going to be leaving the house anytime soon, and here you are," he questioned, raising an eyebrow, but keeping the grin on his face.

I chuckled, and waved at John, who had just caught up to us.

"Luna," John said, nodding at me.

"Do you guys want help with that?" I asked them, pointing at their groceries.

"Nah, we're..." Jace started, but stopped talking. His whole features seemed to have changed, and his grin morphed into a frown.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, turning the way he was facing.

I didn't see what was causing him to suddenly look mad.

"Rogues," was all Jace said, before he grabbed my arm and started tugging me behind him. Eric went to my side, and John stood in my other one.

Comment and vote if you'd like! Thanks to all of you all for reading, it means a lot.