Chapter 26

Dylan raised an eyebrow, but his eyes still held the fiery anger they did a moment ago.

"I can explain what happened. Blake isn't even involved. He was the one who brought me back," I told Dylan, willing him to believe me.

Eric was still trying to get me to move away from Dylan, but I didn't give him a chance to try anything.

"Please, let me explain first," I said to him. 

I finally got out from Eric's arms and I clung to Dylan like my life depended on it.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, wanting him to pay attention to me and leave Blake out of it.

More and more guys from Dylan's pack had arrived. Easy they were about forty or fifty men- who would easily take down Blake. He only had ten men. It wouldn't be a fair fight.

"Leila, it's alright. If Dylan wants to fight, that's what we'll do," Blake stated.

Dylan growled at him. He wrapped his arm around my waist, and I felt that was a good thing.

"See, if he wants to get killed- you should let him," Dylan said to me, but keeping his stare on Blake.

"Don't do this, please," I begged Dylan. I didn't know what else to do.

I felt so guilty for getting Blake involved. I didn't want him to get hurt.

"Dylan." I heard a man say. 

He started walking toward us, but held his gaze on Dylan. He looked familiar, but I knew I hadn't seen him before.

"Father," Dylan said to him. 

I looked between the man and Dylan, finally catching on to the resemblance between the two.

"We don't want a fight Blake. You have returned my son's mate and we will settle with that," the man said.

"Benjamin, it's been a while," Blake said to the man, who now stood in the middle of both packs.

"Yes it has. And it's unfortunate that we have to see each other under these circumstances, but I do need to ask you to make your way out of these areas. You are near Midnight Moon territory."

"I understand. I just want Dylan to assure me that Leila will be safe with him," Blake said to Dylan's father, Benjamin.

"Of course she will be safe! She's my mate!" Dylan growled at Blake, looking angry by his comment.

"Very well, then I should be leaving now," Blake said. 

His men slowly started getting in the SUVs, being cautious with all their moves.

Dylan was holding me closer to him, his hands digging into my waist and no doubt leaving it bruised.