Chapter 96

I was surprised when he ran toward the trees, and came back seconds later wearing a pair of shorts.

"Don't fucking touch my mate!" Dylan growled, as he roughly took me from Blake's arms.

"Then fucking take her to the doctor!" Blake replied with a growl of his own.

They both stared at each other menacingly. I tried to keep up with what was happening, but I could already feel myself drifting away.

"Shit! Take her, now!" I faintly heard Christy yelling, before everything went black.

I woke up feeling disoriented. My mind was awake, but my eyes were closed and I couldn't manage to open them.

I kept my breathing even- slowly attempting to open my eyes.

Dylan's scent was all over the place. The room was lit- letting me know that it was day. I could tell that I was in the guest room where I usually ran to whenever I got mad at Dylan.

I propped myself up in the bed. My muscles felt sore, like if I hadn't moved them in a while.

"Leila," Dylan's voice came from my side.

I looked at him, and memories of what had happened came rushing back to me.

Dylan moved closer to me, but he didn't try to hold me or hug me. The fact that we weren't in our room didn't help how lonely I was feeling.

Had he finally decided that he'd had enough of me?

I figured that if he left me, it was probably for the better. I didn't deserve him and I didn't deserve the pack. Despite how true those thoughts were- they didn't stop the despair that took over my body.

"Where's Eric?" I asked. A small ache came over my chest, as images of Eric's bloody neck appeared in my mind.

Dylan shook his head slowly.

I felt my face crumble, and I had to put my head in my hands.

"He's- alive," Dylan whispered.

His words made me snap my head up at him.

I looked at him, my expression no doubt showing the confusion I was feeling.

"He hasn't woken up yet."

I sighed in relief, pushing the worry aside. At least he was alive.

Dylan sat on the bed now, looking at me with a serious expression.

I had to lay down when he firmly placed his hand over my stomach.

Tears spilled from my eyes on their own accord. When I looked up at him, I could see that his eyes were lightly rimmed in red. They looked glassy- sad. It was the first time I had seen Dylan look so- vulnerable.

"You're fine." He gave me a small smile, but the solemn expression didn't leave his face.

"What about the baby?" My voice sounded so low, I was barely able to hear myself speak.

Dylan swallowed audibly, and he rested the side of his head on my stomach. His hands were on my waist, giving my sides a light squeeze.

"You were four weeks along. The pack doctor said the fetus was too small. It was a very vulnerable stage."

His voice sounded dull, missing any emotion. It broke my heart to see him like that and not knowing how to fix it.

I had already known the pup wouldn't make it. There was so much blood, and my stomach hurt too much.

Now, I couldn't help but wonder what it would've been to have a baby- Dylan's baby. The tears came back to my eyes easily. Since yesterday, it didn't take much to trigger the tears from spilling.