Chapter 54

So, like I had done just yesterday- I relied on other ways to get to leave the house.

"Where are you going?" Dylan asked me, as I walked to the door.

"I'm thirsty," I replied, and closed the door behind me after I was out.

I walked to the kitchen, and on my way I spotted Eric walking into the mansion.

"Hey Leila," he waved at me.

"Hey Eric," I waved back, and offered him a smile.

I continued on my way to the kitchen, with Eric following after me.

"Where's John?" I asked him, as I opened the door to the fridge.

"He left with Jace. It's his turn for a break, and they left to buy some things for the barbecue later tonight," Eric replied.

I offered him a coke, which he happily accepted.

"That sounds fun. I didn't know there was going to be a barbecue," I told him, as I opened my can of coke.

After taking a swig from it, I felt the back of my throat burning- in a good way. It had been a while since I'd drank coke, and Dylan didn't have Dr. Pepper- which was my favorite.

"It was unplanned. Now that Blake is gone, everyone is taking a breath of relief. Some pack members were anxious because there was another Alpha in the lands," Eric said, as he chugged down his drink.

"What?" I asked him, cocking my head to the side.

"Yeah, you didn't know? I mean, it wasn't a lot of people, but a few of the elders- the Alpha'sparents included- wanted Blake out already. I can see why though. Two Alphas in a close range- it's a lot to take in," Eric said, shaking his head.

"That's true," I replied, not really agreeing with him.

I didn't know that anyone had a problem with having Blake over. If I would've known, I wouldn't have insisted so much on it. I had even considered telling Blake to go back to his pack, and come back as soon as he made sure everything was running smoothly.

I knew it was just my selfish ways. Blake was my best friend, so I wanted him near me. I just didn't know his presence wasn't settling in too well with the pack.

"Are you going to be busy right now? Do you think we can go to the mall or something?" I asked Eric.

He gave me an apologetic look, which confused me.

"I know maybe I'm out of place by saying this, but I don't think the Alpha will let you go," Eric told me.

"I know, but if he does- will you take me?" I asked him. There was no way Dylan would let me go alone, and going with Eric sounded fun either way. He was my favorite guy that looked after me.

"If he really does, then I'll take you. But I have to be there when he says that you can go. Not that I don't trust you...." Eric said, letting the sentence hang.

I chuckled at his words, knowing that I'd escaped from him and John quite a few times already. In reality, there was no reason for him to trust me at all.

"Okay, I'm going to go ask Dylan right-" I started to say.

"Ask me what?" Dylan asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Oh, you're here," I told him, closing the distance between us.

"You were taking long, so I came to see what the hold-up was," he replied.

"Eric," Dylan said, giving Eric a nod.

Eric replied by bowing his head respectfully.

"So, what were you going to ask me?" Dylan stood there, crossing his arms. He was trying to be intimidating, which wasn't working- at least not for me.

"Well, Eric is here. I wanted to see if you let me go to the mall. Eric said he will take me," I told him, while placing my hands on his chest.

Dylan was almost a foot taller than me, so I had to look up in order to see his expressions.

His answer was obvious. I could already hear him tell me that I couldn't go. Before he could reply, I wrapped my arms around his neck, and ran my hands through his hair.

"I haven't left the house all morning, so it'd be nice to get out. I don't want to be pestering you to finish your work faster just so that you could take me out," I told him, offering him a smile.

"Leila, you know what I told you before. We'll go out as soon as I'm done," Dylan stated, sounding dead-set on his decision.

"You're worried that something might happen to me, but Eric will be with me at all times. Besides, Jake is gone, and Blake is gone too. I don't really have anyone to put me in danger or anything," I told him.

"We'll go as soon as I finish up. I'm half-way through. I'll probably finish up in a few hours," Dylan said.

Eric was sitting quietly on the stool in the kitchen island, but I could see him paying attention to what we were saying.

"Fine, but I'll be bored out of my mind when you finish up, so I won't want to do anything else after that. I guess I'll just go to sleep already," I told him, while I pouted my lower lip.

Just as I knew would happen, Dylan leaned down and bit my lower lip that was pouted. I was grinning on the inside, because I knew he loved when I did that.

"Eric, can you give us a second," Dylan ordered, without removing his gaze from me.

Eric left the kitchen without a word. But before crossing the threshold of the kitchen, he turned to face me, with a grin on his face, while he shook his head.

As soon as he was out of the kitchen, Dylan crashed his lips on mine. He didn't hold back on the kiss, as his lips moved around mine roughly.

His hands- which were already on my waist- pressed tighter, as he carried me. I wasn't expecting him to sit me down on one of the kitchen counters. His lips didn't leave mine, as he moved me around, before finally settling himself in between my legs.

I parted myself a bit from him, and caught my breath. My hands were still wrapped around his neck, and his were pushing me closer to him.

"I want to go to the mall. If not there, at least to the shops in town," I told Dylan, before going in for another kiss.

Dylan didn't waste time as his tongue licked my lower lip, asking for entrance. Instead of allowing it, I pulled away once again.

"I'm going, while you finish up your work, okay?" I asked.

He was going to kiss me again, but I moved my head back.

"I'll take you when I'm done," Dylan said, as he stared at my lips. I ran my tongue over my lips once, and the growl coming from his body almost made me change my plans- in order to take him upstairs.

"I'm leaving right now. And I need you to give me my bag back, because you kept it with all my money," I told him, pushing him more away from me.

 Comment and vote if you'd like! Thanks to all of you all for reading, it means a lot.