Chapter 52

"What's wrong?" Dylan asked, as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I placed my hands on his chest, and stared up to look at him.

"Well, Blake's leaving tomorrow. I'm going to miss him," I confessed.

"Should I be worried about that?" Dylan asked, raising an eyebrow.

I chuckled at his question, loving that fact that Dylan and Blake now seemed to get along.

"No, you shouldn't worry about that. You should worry about Alpha Nicolas, and at least consider mine and Jake's proposition," I replied.

My words caused him to sigh, and he let go of me.

"I can protect you. We don't need to be sneaky about the situation. I'm not scared of Nicolas, or Jackson," he said, as he stood a few steps away from me.

"If a fight is what Nicolas wants, then a fight is what he will get. Maybe I agree that Jake and you have a good plan going. But I'm not sure how that will make our pack look."

"So you would rather risk us than look weak?" I asked, amused by his explanation.

"I'm not risking anything. This war is mine," Dylan stated, his eyes showing a glint of his powerful Wolf.

He seemed really against the idea that Jake and I had. I decided that for now, I would stop pushing him. Maybe Dylan had something going if he was really against what Jake and I planned.

Dylan had been Alpha for years- he knew what he was talking about. Jake and I were simply members of the pack. Given, we were both high ranking, but never had we been put in a spot where we made important decisions for a pack.

I changed into my shorts and singlet, when getting ready for bed. Jace had called Dylan about some pack business, so I laid down- waiting for him to come back.

The smile on his face let me know that he had good news.

"What did Jace want?" I asked Dylan, while he undressed. I felt my face warm up. He was taking all his clothes off, only leaving on his boxers.

I didn't mind his nakedness, but his body caused emotions on several parts of my body.

"I know when Nicolas plans to attack," Dylan said, his smile morphing into a grin.

"What?" I yelled in surprise.

"Two men from the pack volunteered to go and keep an eye on Nicolas and Jackson. Since both of their packs are close to each other, it isn't so hard to keep an eye on them together."

"Wait, two people from the pack are over there?" I questioned, my voice sounding slightly alarmed.

"Yes, but don't worry about it. They are really good fighters, and trackers. I keep in contact with them at all times. I know Jackson and Nicolas are both smart- so I have to be cautious with this," Dylan explained, his words calming me down- but not completely.

"So, when are they coming?" I asked, now feeling desperate to know.

"Next week. I'm not sure why they are waiting. My guess is that Nicolas is hoping within that time, someone else will want to join in his fight," Dylan replied, shrugging.

I remained silent, trying to process Dylan's words. I wasn't expecting to have an alert on when Alpha Nicolas would come. I felt relieved that he wouldn't attack yet, but it didn't help knowing that he was still set on trying to take me.

Dylan climbed in the bed, next to me.

I was facing away from him. When he lay down, his hands wrapped around my waist and rested on my stomach. With no effort from his part, he pressed my body to his chest. Through his boxers, I was still able to feel how turned on he felt, but I couldn't bring myself to be in the mood for anything.

Knowing that the pack and Dylan were still in danger because of me- had put a downer in my mood.

I moved myself to face him, hoping he'd understand that whatever he was thinking- it wasn't going to happen tonight.

"I'm tired," I told him, using the oldest excuse in the book.

His disappointed face was funny, but I didn't attempt to laugh. I knew Dylan would probably get annoyed and think I was getting a kick out of us not being together.

"It's okay. I know all of this is hard for you," Dylan said, and he moved his face just inches from mine.

I closed the distance and pressed my lips to his. I meant to give him a single kiss, and then go to sleep, but he seemed to have other plans.

Without a second guess, Dylan deepened the kiss, moving his lips with mine. I didn't mind, because kissing him was a distraction to all the tragic thoughts I was having.

When Dylan bit my lower lip, I knew it was time to stop him. I pulled away, only to have him grunt in annoyance.

I chuckled, and placed one of my hands on the side of his face.

"You haven't had enough of me already?" I asked, teasingly.

Dylan moved forward, and crashed his lips with mine once again. Not two seconds later he had pulled away on his own.

"I will never get enough of you," he replied. His words brought a smile to my face.

"Go to sleep. We have to be up early tomorrow to say goodbye to Blake," I told him, running my hand through his soft hair that had grown since I'd gotten here.

"I know," Dylan said, looking like a little kid who'd just been ordered to bed too early.

I smiled at him, and gave him one last kiss, before turning around and readying myself for sleep to take over.

 Comment and vote if you'd like! Thanks to all of you all for reading, it means a lot.