Chapter 22

I woke up the next day feeling restless. There was a knock on the door and I sat up from the bed, running a hand through my hair.

"Leila, are you awake?" Blake's voice came from the other side of the door.

"I'm up. You can come in," I replied.

I fixed the comforter, trying to cover up my bare legs. I was only wearing Blake's oversized shirt, and I didn't want anything on display- that shouldn't be.

Blake walked in looking great. He had already showered, and wore jeans and a dark polo shirt.

I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to speak.

"How did you sleep?" Blake asked, walking to stand in front of my bed.

"I've slept better, but you own one hell of a comfortable bed," I told him. He replied with a chuckle.

"You missed him, didn't you?" Blake asked, with a knowing look.

"Are you going to give me breakfast?"

"Nice change of subject, and yes. Be ready, we're going out," Blake informed me, getting up from the bed.

"Where are we going?"

"A nice restaurant in town. Don't worry, you'll love it," Blake said before leaving the room.

I ran after him, needing to tell him I didn't have clothes to wear other than the jeans I wore yesterday.

I caught up to him soon enough. He turned to face me, giving me a once over. It was then when I looked down at myself. I was only wearing his t-shirt.

Blake stared at me as I stood in front of him, not knowing what to do.

"Uh... I don't have any clothes to wear," I told him, pulling the hem of my shirt- willing it to go lower.

It covered me enough, but most of my legs were exposed. He nodded his head, finally turning to look up at me.

"I had someone bring you a change of clothes. You can shower and I'll leave it outside your door," he said, clearing his throat.

I didn't say anything and just turned to go back to the room as quickly as I could.

Once I shut the door, I rested my back on it for a few moments.

I showered and changed into some khaki shorts with a nice burgundy shirt, and wore the sandals I had on yesterday.

 I decided to leave my hair down, not wanting to worry about messing with it.

I walked downstairs when I finished getting ready and noticed Blake was in his office. I made my way over there, knocking once before walking in.