Chapter 65

I'd been lying down for almost an hour, only tossing and turning. I couldn't sleep. I had been so used to sleeping with Dylan- it felt wrong to be on the bed alone.

My body felt restless, and I was considering going out for a run. While I played that thought through, I noticed Dylan's cell phone on the bedside table.

I grabbed it, and dialed Blake's number.

Blake picked up the phone after the second ring.

"Hello?" He said, his voice sounding husky. He'd been asleep, which was now making me feel guilty. It was the middle of the night, so I should've known he'd been asleep.

"It's me," I told him.

"Are you okay?"

"I am," I said, not so much lying this time.

"Good. What's up?" He asked, sounding so casual. I smiled, already feeling glad that I'd called him.

"Wait, where's Dylan? I'm sure he wouldn't let you be calling me this late, unless something really was wrong..." Blake said, letting the sentence hang.

"No, he's here. Well, he's not here. But he's in the other room," I said, not making much sense.

Blake chuckled, and I could already picture him shaking his head.

"So why is our Alpha in a time out?" Blake asked, sounding amused.

"He got jealous and changed my guards," I explained.

"That sounds like Dylan. Other than that, anything else happen?" Blake now sounded more awake- his sleepy voice completely gone.

"Have you talked to Dylan? Did he tell you about the Rogues yesterday?"

"He called me to explain what happened and if I'd heard about anything about it. I was caught off guard. I didn't think Nicolas was that desperate. Hiring Rogues just seems a bit odd, don't you think?"

I could hear the curiosity in his voice.

"I need to tell you something," I told Blake. I lowered my voice, and even cupped the cellphone I was holding.

Dylan wasn't aware that I was on the phone, and my whispering wouldn't make a difference. He was sleeping restlessly in the next room. His Wolf was probably missing mine too.

But I still wanted for my next words to be kept as quiet as possible.

"So something is wrong," Blake stated.

"I'm going to leave," I told him quickly.

"I'm sorry, I think I heard you wrong. Did you just say you want to leave?" Blake asked.

"I don't just want to. I'm going to," I told him.

"No, you're not," Blake sharply countered.

"I am. I'm just finding the moment to do it. Dylan is running out of options on how to plot this plan against Alpha Nicolas and Alpha Jackson. And hiring Rogues? That's just crazy. What if they come here, and hurt the people from the pack?" I asked with a shaky voice.

I was trying to keep myself under control. The last thing I needed was for Dylan to hear me, and go crazy about it.

"So your plan is to what? Go back to Jackson. Then what, continue on your plans to marry Nicolas?" Blake asked in a mocking tone.

"No, of course not. I'm going to go and talk with Alpha Nicolas. He was always nice to me. I'm going to try and convince him to leave us alone," I explained to Blake my plan.

"How exactly would that be helpful? I'm only asking so that I'm enlightened on this brilliant plan of yours," Blake said. I could hear a lot of shuffling from his side of the line, but I couldn't be sure what he was doing.

"Well, if I talk to him, he can see that this is what I want."

"That won't happen, Leila. Nicolas is obsessed with you. He already attacked Midnight Moon territory, didn't he? He saw you with Dylan. That didn't make a difference. What makes you think that going alone, and defenseless, will make him give a damn?"

His words were true. I had forgotten about the time Alpha Nicolas, Alpha Jackson, and my dad had come to take me away. Alpha Nicolas had seen me with Dylan. Still, he didn't care.

"If Dylan loses you, the pack will fall," Blake solemnly said.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"You're his mate. I've seen what losing your mate can do to you. It happened to my dad and it wasn't a pretty picture. I took over the pack when I was 16, because my dad was so lost in his own pain- he didn't care about anything else."

"I'm- I am so sorry. I didn't know about that," I said to him.

"The same thing is happening with Nicolas, you know. He lost his mate all those years ago. But he didn't have anyone who could take over for him, he didn't have any heirs. Then, you come along, and give him hope. Except of course, we all know he's a crazy bastard and he's going at it the wrong way. If Nicolas gets his hands on you, he isn't going to let you go," Blake finished.

I remained quiet after that. All the things Blake had said were true.

"Don't do anything you will regret, okay? I'm going back over there tomorrow," Blake said.

"No, don't. I don't want you taking time off your pack, to come here for this. I won't leave," I said to him, sighing.

"It's alright. I was going either way. Dylan called me over earlier in the morning. Apparently he's reached a decision on the attack," he said, sounding unsure.

"Oh, I didn't know that," I told him, frowning.

"I know. Dylan wanted to keep it from you for now. Which means you will pretend like you know nothing at all, right?" He asked, with a playful voice.

I rolled my eyes, even though he wasn't able to see me.

"I'll keep quiet, but did he tell you anything else?"

"Only what you already know. The rest, he will brief me about tomorrow when I get there."

"If he tells you anything, can you please tell me? I don't want to be in the dark when it comes to these things," I said, hoping Blake would agree.

"I will tell you everything I know. But I expect you to tell me if you ever get the crazy idea of running away again." Even though he tried to sound casual, I knew he was being serious.

"I will, but I won't be going any-" I was saying, when heard a noise.

There was shuffling in the room where Dylan was sleeping int. Right after that, the door opened, and I heard footsteps heading toward me.

"Dylan's awake. I have to go," I quickly said to Blake. I shut the phone, and replaced it on the bedside table.

Dylan opened the door to our room. I could hear his leveled breathing.

"I know you're awake," he said, taking a few steps toward me.

I didn't say anything back to him.

He got into the bed, and pressed me against his chest- a gesture he'd done so many times before.

I started pulling away, when he placed his hand on my waist and stopped me from moving.

"Eric will be here tomorrow in the morning after I leave," Dylan said.

I couldn't help but smile at his words.

Dylan placed a kiss on the back of my head, and got comfortable against my body. Only a few minutes had passed, when I heard his deep breathing and knew he'd already fallen asleep.

Comment and vote if you'd like:) Thanks for reading!