Chapter 60

"What are you thinking about?" Dylan asked, as he wrapped his arm around my waist from behind me.

"Just, things," I replied, not really having an answer for him.

He started trailing kisses on my neck, while running his hand over my stomach soothingly.

I closed my eyes, loving the electric feeling that was coursing through my body from his touch.

I turned to face him, finding his eyes looking at me intensely. I ran my hand on the side of his face, knowing what would happen next and feeling excited about it.

It was what we both needed. A release from the stressful days we'd been having.

His hands moved me closer to him, pressing me to his chest. I closed the distance, kissing his expectant lips.

Just like that, all of my worries about the day, the Rogues, and my pack, were put behind me- as I let my need for Dylan take over.

I woke up the next day to an empty bed. Dylan was gone, and I didn't hear him around the room or in the bathroom.

I took my time getting ready for the day. If anything, I'd probably be spending it alone, while Dylan and Jace planned what the pack would be doing.

When I got downstairs, Eric was the only one waiting for me in the kitchen.

"John isn't here today?" I asked, already knowing the answer to my question.

"Nah, since he's third in command, he's with the Alpha. I think right now they're trying to come up with as most ideas as they can," Eric replied.

He was about to pour himself some cereal but I stopped him before he could. After last night, I was craving real food.

"Any thoughts?" I asked Eric, as he sat across from me on the kitchen island.

"I think everything will be fine," he replied, shoving a spoonful of scrambled eggs into his mouth.

I tried believing his words. At least I believed that Eric thought what he was saying was true.

"Did the Alpha tell you anything after I left?" Eric asked.

I shook my head as a reply. Dylan had told me some things, but nothing that was helpful. I wasn't sure whether to leave or not. The barbecue later today would be of distraction to the pack, and I was at least happy about that.

Eric mentioned how worried some people had been after the four Rogues trespassed. I was just glad they meant no harm. Either way, Dylan wasn't happy that they were able to get through so deep into our territory without getting stopped by a Wolf from the pack.

I assumed someone had already gotten in trouble for that.

I spent the rest of the morning with Eric, as usual. Dylan didn't come home, but he did talk to me through our mind link a few times. The first thing he did when I heard his voice in my mind was ask me if I was okay.

It was a lost cause to tell Dylan that I was okay if Eric was around. Every time that I left the house with Eric- it proved I was a trouble magnet. It wasn't Eric's fault though. I was the one who always either looked for trouble, or it found me.

Being bored in a huge house that I hadn't really gotten to know well, turned out to be more interesting than I thought.

Eric said he'd been a here only a few times before I came along. After Dylan found me, and Eric became my guard, he was basically here every day. Even though John was around as my guard sometimes, Eric was the one in charge of watching over me.