Chapter 80

The following day was as calm as the one before. In the morning, Dylan was already in the shower getting ready for the day.

I waited in bed until he got out. I was still tired from last night, and I was feeling lazy. I wanted to spend the morning with Dylan, but I knew he had to leave. What happened with Christy was already behind us, but we still had problems.

Thirty minutes later, Dylan was out the door and starting his work day with the pack.

Dylan told me he needed to talk to Jace and a few other guys. I was sure the talk involved Alpha Nicolas and Alpha Jackson, so I didn't even ask about it. Later on, they'd be coming here to do some paper work.

When I got downstairs, Eric was waiting as usual.

"You look tired," I told him, noticing the bags under his eyes.

"I didn't sleep good last night," he said, resting his head on the counter of the kitchen island.

I was thinking he'd begin with stories of what he had done last night, but he didn't.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, closing the distance between us.

"I'm fine. I just had 'the talk' with my parents," he replied, grunting.

I raised an eyebrow, wondering what exactly he meant with that.

"If what you were telling me yesterday about hooking up at the club says anything, I doubt you needed 'the talk'," I told him, chuckling.

He stared at me, obviously not impressed by my comment. It only served to make me laugh more.

"The talk about my mate," he replied.

At this, I suddenly found myself more interested in whatever he was going to say.

"You found your mate?" I asked him, grabbing the nearest stool and taking a seat close to him.

"Nope," he replied, popping the 'p'.

I frowned at him, once again feeling confused about the talk he had with his parents.

"Then, what is it?"

"I didn't get dinner last night, and I haven't had breakfast. Some cereal while you make me bacon with eggs sound good right about now."

I crossed my arms, giving him my best glare. With Eric, it was practically impossible.

"So you're not going to tell me?"

"I am, but I'd rather not do it on an empty stomach," he said, rubbing his stomach.

"I've turned into your maid," I told him, getting up from the stool.

"Not really, you're just my best friend and you know how to cook," he said, grinning at me.

I rolled my eyes and began breakfast. Even though I'd complained, I was feeling hungry myself.

"While I cook, you talk. Now, what happened last night?" I asked him. I grabbed the box of cereal and took the milk out of the fridge.

"My parents think I'm getting old and they want me to start looking around for my mate."

He was already pouring himself the cereal, and as he did, I couldn't help but notice how young he looked.

"You're only nineteen." I turned to face him, my frown making obvious what I thought of what he had just said.

"I know, but they don't think so. At least, that's what they're telling me. I'm not really sure what to think, and I don't really care right now," he replied, shoving a spoonful of cereal in his mouth.