Chapter 79

Picture on the side of my Jace. Like I've said before, if you don't like him- keep in mind the one you already have:D

"Hey," Jace said to me.

He was standing next to the closed door with his hands in his pockets. It was the first time I'd seen Jace look shy about something.

I nodded, and waited for him to continue.

Dylan was standing near Jace. When he saw me standing next to the stairs, not getting closer to them, he walked toward me.

"Leila, yesterday-" Jace started to say. He was faltering with his words. It was unusual to see Jace nervous.

"I shouldn't have made that call. It's just- you weren't making it any easier. Eric was fighting against our own guys. Then Dylan and Blake were fighting underground. Knocking you out was the first thing I thought of to go downstairs and help our men. But, you're my Luna. It's not my place to make decisions like that, and- I'm sorry."

He hesitated during his apology. His nervousness was showing more towards the end. The way he kept moving his hands all over the place just made it more obvious.

"I know," I told him.

I knew Jace. He wouldn't purposely do something like that to hurt me, but he had still done it. Maybe if things between Blake and me, or Dylan and me wouldn't have been fine- I wouldn't forgive him.

That wasn't the case. Blake wasn't mad at me and he was happy with Christy. Dylan and I had also made up.

"I will never do something like that again. I promise you," he said.

Dylan nodded at him, and then turned to look at me. Both of them were staring at me intently, waiting for my next words.

"It's alright. We're all fine, and that's all that really counts," I told him, offering a smile.

I thought I would've been mad at Jace, but I couldn't be- especially if he was in front of me looking like a lost puppy. I chuckled at the comparison that ran through my mind, knowing if Jace heard that thought, he'd be mad that I compared him to a puppy.

Both Dylan and Jace looked at me, probably wondering why I laughed. I simply shook my head, dismissing the thought.

Jace and Dylan talked for a while longer. What happened yesterday had blown over already. Dylan wasn't ready to forgive Blake or Christy, but at least everything was fine.

Now, all we had to worry about was Alpha Nicolas.

"Do you want to go for a run?" Dylan asked me after Jace was gone.

I'd just gone for a run yesterday, but after how crazy the day had turned out, a run was exactly what I needed.

This time though, we ran in Midnight Moon territory.

We shifted outside of the house. When we first started running, I recognized all of our surroundings.

The trees, the streams, the clearings, and even some houses from pack members seemed familiar.

One of the times I had ran away from John and Eric, I'd gone to find Dylan at a clearing a mile or two away from our house. When we passed it, I smiled, thinking back to that day.

Since we were planning to cover the entire area, Dylan decided to give the guys who were doing rounds a break. We were going to take over.

We'd only been running for about five miles when we reached an area that I was unfamiliar with. The more we ran, the less I knew it. I was disappointed in myself for that. I had never really paid much attention to how little of the pack territory I'd been on.

Dylan must've noticed something was wrong because he started slowing down. I came to a complete stop, and looked around the area.

'What is it?' Dylan asked in my mind.

'I'm barely getting to know the land,' I admitted.

Dylan didn't say anything back, but he nuzzled his head in my neck, giving me a playful bite.

'We could do this more often,' he said, before nodding to the trees ahead.

It was true. The only way I would know our land was if I actually spent time on it.

I started jogging ahead, taking in the scents and how the wind was moving my white fur. Dylan followed after me.

His black Wolf was much bigger than my smaller form. I liked that. I could feel his Alpha title strongest when he was shifted into his Wolf.

A few minutes later, other Wolves from the pack began joining us. At first, it was two or three. Then those three turned to five. It went on like that, until we were running as a pack with about twenty or thirty Wolves behind us.

We didn't have a direction. We only ran, and enjoyed how good it felt to be in our Wolf form.

By the time we got home, it was already dark outside.

Breakfast was the last time we ate. I was starving and even though Dylan was keeping quiet, he was probably hungry as well.

I made some sandwiches and we settled in the TV room to watch a movie. It was so casual, but something we'd never really done before.

It wasn't that we didn't have good times, but we rarely did things that normal couples do.

"Are you worried about Alpha Nicolas or Alpha Jackson?" I asked him. The movie had been playing for about twenty minutes.

I could've waited until it was over to ask. But, I wanted to know Dylan's thoughts on the threat that still remained on the pack.

"I'm not worried, but it would be stupid not to be prepared," he replied.

I looked at the screen in front of me, but I wasn't paying attention to it. I was thinking back to my former pack, and my dad.

"You don't have to call them Alphas, you know. You are a Luna now, they aren't above you," Dylan said.

He had told me that before, but it just didn't feel right to not acknowledge their title. It was their title, and who they had been before I ran away, that scared me.

"My dad is on their side. He's basically our enemy, but I could never stop calling him my dad."

It was the only way I could explain it. Dylan seemed to understand because he nodded, and continued watching the movie.

I was looking through the drawers for a pair of shorts when I felt Dylan staring at me.

"What's up?" I asked him without turning around.

When I did turn to face him, he was leaning on his side next to the door, with his arms crossed.

"If you want, I can go sleep in the other room," he told me. Even as he said it, it didn't really seem like he was going to be leaving the room.

I chuckled, and shook my head.

"You can sleep with me. I don't really mind," I told him, and turned back to what I'd been doing before.

I could hear his footsteps approaching me. When I felt his arms wrapping around my waist, I couldn't stop the smile from forming on my lips. He rested his hands on my stomach.

"You smell good," he said, nestling his head in my neck.

I sighed contently, and turned around to face him, wrapping my arms around his neck in the process.

"I doubt I smell good. I haven't showered," I told him, giving him a teasing smile.

He raised an eyebrow, and placed a kiss on the tip of my nose.

"We should change that then," he told me, a grin already forming on his lips.

Without any effort, he picked me up from the ground, and carried me out.

By the time we got to bed, I felt completely drained. The shower was refreshing- at least the moments we actually spent showering.

Comment and vote if you'd like:) Thanks loads for reading!