Chapter 106

Three weeks later....

"Want some?" Liam asked, as he offered me his spoon filled with peanut butter dipped in melted chocolate.

I scrunched up my nose, while Eric laughed at me.

"Don't knock it till you try it," Liam said to me.

"It's pretty good," Eric agreed with a shrug.

"Ah, the pup's got good taste," Liam said, grinning at Eric.

Eric frowned at him, like he'd been doing for the past three weeks.

I didn't understand what it was with guys and insulting other males by calling them 'pup'.

"You're not even that old," Eric told Liam, not impressed with Liam's nickname to him.

"I'm older than you," Liam said, not bothered by Eric's comment.

He grabbed another spoonful of peanut butter and dipped it in the melted chocolate.

"Where's Dylan anyways? I thought Jace said they were all taking the afternoon off today," Liam asked, looking mainly at me.

I shrugged, and felt myself frowning.

Dylan had been acting pretty strange these last couple of days. He seemed distracted, and slightly paranoid. It was freaking me out.

When I told Eric and Liam about it- well they weren't any help.

Eric told me that there was no reason for Dylan to be acting strange, since there was no imminent danger in the pack. That was something I already knew, but Eric had nothing else to offer.

Liam simply said Dylan was probably on his man period. Although that made me laugh, it wasn't helpful in any way.

"He told me he'd be here by noon," I told them.

Eric took out his phone to check the time. I was surprised when he said it was almost two.

"Pack life I tell ya! It's stressing," Liam said, shaking his head.

I laughed, because it was always the same thing with him.

"You don't even do anything here," Eric muttered.

"I'm in a pack, I think that's enough," Liam replied.

"No one's forcing you to be here," Eric countered.

"I don't think your Alpha would like it very much if I left."

"You wouldn't really be missed. I can help you leave if that's the problem," Eric told Liam, sounding more excited than I'd like.

"You know, all that bickering between you two is starting to worry me," I said, looking at them disapprovingly.

They were both about to say something, when I interrupted them.

"I'm starting to think you two have a thing for each other," I finished.

I couldn't help but laugh at the horrified expression on both their faces.

"F*ck no!" Eric yelled, moving away from Liam and coming to sit by me.

At the same time Liam yelled, "No f*cking way!"

He dramatically shivered, to add effect to his words.

"Sure, you keep telling yourselves that," I said, letting the sentence hang and pretending I didn't believe them.

At least they weren't arguing with each other anymore.

"Ah crap," Liam said, as he dripped chocolate over the front of his shirt.