Chapter 86

Alpha Caine was extremely strong. Benjamin said Alpha Caine alone could take on more than ten Wolves in just minutes. He'd brought along fighters, which was that much more helpful. 

Blake was coming as well with plenty of men. Benjamin spoke of how strong Blake was and how much more he'd become since he'd taken the Alpha position years ago. 

He also reminded me we had the strongest pack in the US. I had to have faith in the pack, but most of all- I had to have faith in my mate.

His words calmed me down enough to stop my struggling- at least for now.

"Benjamin, do you think I can move over to the next cell?" I asked him.

He was about to leave and stand guard upstairs. When he noticed I pointed to the cell that was closest to the Rogue, he shook his head.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. He's dangerous," Benjamin said, eyeing the Rogue that had just picked up his head to look at us.

"Please, I don't want to be down here alone. And, I have no one to talk to," I pleaded.

He gave the Rogue another look, before turning back to me.

"You can talk to Eric. He will stay down here until all of this is over," he said, smiling back at Eric- who was standing a few feet away.

I lowered my gaze to the ground, and let a whimper escape my lips. I was faking it, but it was enough for Benjamin to open up the cell.

"Leila," he said, taking me into his arms.

"I just want to be on the next cell. I'm worried about Dylan and the pack, and I want to have someone to talk to. I won't try anything," I told him in a soft voice.

"Don't cry honey. I'll change you to the other cell, just- don't cry. I don't want you to be worrying about anything. Dylan will take care of this," he said, as he began opening the other cell.

"Thank you," I told him, offering a smile. I didn't notice when a tear escaped my eyes. I wasn't planning that, but it was enough to make Benjamin mad.

"Don't thank me. Seeing you here locked up- it isn't easy. I'll talk to Dylan about this, and see if I can bring you up," he said, placing a kiss on my forehead.

He nodded at Eric, before going upstairs.

"I'm really sorry," Eric said, approaching me, but still keeping a distance.

"The Alpha was still going to lock you up here. He figured you would agree to come if it was in my place, and under my supervision."

I didn't say anything to him. I didn't even look up at meet his gaze.

"Leila, please say something. I know you're angry at me, I understand it. But I'd rather you lash out at me, then not say anything."

He closed the distance this time, and got an arm inside the bars.

I sat on the bed, looking through one of the magazine that Emma had sent to me in the back pack. From where I was, I could feel the Rogue looking between Eric and me.

"I would never betray you, not for the Alpha or for anyone. You're my priority- you know that,"

I kept flipping through the pages. The more Eric apologized, the crappier I felt. I wanted to tell him it was fine, I knew how protective Dylan was of me.

But my Wolf wouldn't let me. Eric had helped to lock us up. He had helped in keeping us away from our mate, and from protecting our pack. She didn't want to give in to Eric.

"Talk to me, please. Say anything. I'd rather your anger a thousand times than this silence," he said.

"If you want, I'll go. I can tell the Alpha that he can send someone else here to watch you. I'll go fight to replace the person that comes to look out for you."