Chapter 34

I walked into our room, already wearing the dress, but carrying the sandals in my hand. Dylan looked up and saw me. His expression changed and his eyes darkened.

I gave him a teasing smile, knowing exactly what he was thinking.

"You look beautiful," Dylan said, with a husky voice.

The warmth covering my face warned me that I was blushing. Dylan didn't seem to mind as he approached me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

As much as I wanted to stay in the bedroom the rest of the day with Dylan, I couldn't. He had to leave and prepare everything for the gathering. 

Most of the pack didn't know what had happened, and Dylan didn't want them to find out.

He thought alarming the pack wouldn't be a good move, but he did want to warn everyone about all the ties broken between Staten and Raven Pack, and ours.

Dylan had left with Jace a while ago, but he left about ten guys watching over our house. 

I knew that they wouldn't return to attack right now when they were weak, but Dylan didn't want to take any chances.

I used the time I had to fix up my hair. No matter what I did, it always remained straight. I chose to comb through it, and simply added a pin.

Since I was already bored, I added a light coat of make-up. I couldn't get out of my mind the confrontation. It scared me. 

I didn't want them to come back. I didn't want for Dylan or anyone in his pack to get hurt.

I got out to the balcony and stared outside. The afternoon had already fallen, but there were still about two hours before the sky darkened.

I watched as two of Dylan's men started play fighting against each other. I had to admit, Dylan's pack was really strong.

All of the guys I had seen today were muscular and intimidating. They looked ready to fight at any given moment.

Seeing them made me remember Blake and his playful ways.

One of the guys suddenly grabbed the other's arm and twisted it around, placing himself behind him. 

The guy who he was holding only started laughing, and then they both let go of each other and started throwing punches. The playfulness of it all was causing a smile to form on my face.

Quickly, I walked inside the room and closed the glass door. I started running downstairs, to Dylan's study. 

I knew he wasn't home yet, so I thought there was no better moment than that one.

I still knocked before entering his office. Once I confirmed that I was alone, I walked to sit behind Dylan's desk.

It took me a while to remember his number, but once I was sure I had it right, I started dialing. 

I was scared I might've gotten the number wrong. It rang about six times and no one answered the phone.

I was going to give up, but instead decided to give it another try.

This time, it only rang two times, before somebody answered.

"Hello?" his voice questioned through the phone. I smiled to myself, feeling extremely happy to be able to talk to him again.

"Blake," I said, knowing he'd recognize my voice.

"Leila," he replied, sounding completely surprised.

"Yeah, it's me." My voice sounded softer than I'd wish. I sounded weak.

"Is something wrong? Are you okay?" He asked me, worry dripping from his voice.

"I'm good. I just- I really need a favor. Well, not yet, but I might need it later," I told him.

"Of course, anything you need."

"Alpha Jackson, Alpha Nicolas, and my dad were here today."

"What?" Blake yelled into the phone.

"They were here," I repeated.

"What did Dylan do? Did he know already, or..." Blake left the sentence hanging. I knew he thought I hadn't told him yet. I was glad I did though.

If Dylan hadn't known about Nicolas, I wouldn't even want to think about what would've happened.

"I told him right before they got here."

"What did Dylan do? Do you need me to go there?" Blake asked.

"Dylan went crazy, but they just confronted each other. Nothing bad happened, but Alpha Nicolas threatened to come back. You should've seen it. They all looked so angry with me," I said to Blake, replaying the memory of the confrontation.

"They won't do anything to you. Don't worry about it," he said, trying to comfort me.

"I don't know. He really wants me back. He told me I belonged to him, that he was going to take me," I told Blake, my voice quivering as I spoke.

"Don't think about it. If they try anything, I will kill them. They won't take you," Blake told me. His words made me feel better, but I was still on edge.

"They do know that Dylan is your mate right?"

"Yes, Dylan told them."

"And he still wants to take you?" Blake asked, sounding irritated.

"I'm not sure if Alpha Nicolas believed Dylan, but he didn't care either way," I replied.

"Do you want me to go over there? I can leave right now and get there in a few hours," Blake offered.

I smiled, feeling grateful for his friendship.

"No, don't. It'll probably only unsettle Dylan. I don't want to get you involved-" I started to say before Blake interrupted me.

"I told you I will help you in anything you need. Don't worry about me. I just want you to be okay," Blake said.

"Will you help us if anything bad happens, or if they attack us?" I asked, my voice sounding completely insecure.

"You know I will Leila. You don't even have to ask," Blake replied.

"Blake, I," I got to say, before I heard the door from Dylan's office loudly slam shut.

I looked up to see Dylan glaring at me, his features and eyes had darkened.

"You what?" Dylan asked. He slowly started making his way toward the desk.

"Is that Dylan?" Blake asked me through the phone.

I didn't reply anything as I stared at Dylan in front of me.

"I need to go, I'll call you later," I told Blake, quickly hanging up the phone. 

He started to say something before I hung up, but I didn't let him finish.

"Why did you just call Blake?" Dylan asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

Hope you guys comment and vote:)