Chapter 8

I figured it was the perfect time to keep my vulnerable act on.

I slowly walked to the door and unlocked it. As soon as the click was heard, Dylan made his way into the room.

"We are going to talk about this," Dylan stated, before taking in my appearance.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked, as he embraced me.

"You are so demanding Dylan, you know that?"

Dylan loosened his hold on me and grinned.

"I am, aren't I?"

"It wasn't a compliment!" I snapped.

"Why don't you want to meet the pack?" Dylan questioned, moving us to sit on the bed.

"I already told you why. I just met you today. Don't you think it's a little too soon to be introduced to them?" I said, trying my best to make it sound logical.

"You're right, but it still has to be soon. They have to know that you are my mate and everyone has to respect you," Dylan caressed my cheek and was looking at me lovingly.

We spent the rest of the afternoon in his house. Dylan had Jace bring my things to the house. 

I noticed tension between the two, but as I had expected, Jace bowed down to his Alpha.

"We're going to Michael's barbeque two days from now," Dylan said to me as he walked into the living room where I had been at.

I was sitting down on one of the couches watching TV. Dylan took the seat next to me, placing his hand on my thigh.

"Do I have to go? I haven't been feeling so great," I told Dylan, trying to fake sickness.

I had been here almost a week now and Dylan had been insisting every day that I meet the pack. 

Most times his Wolf came out and he ordered me to meet the pack with his Alpha tone. Kissing and pouting usually gave me more time to delay meeting them.

I was trying to find an opportunity to escape. With every day that I stayed with him, my Wolf insisted more on staying completely. 

My will was weakening because just the thought of leaving my mate, was painful.

"Leila, it has been almost a week that you've been here and only a few members of the pack know you. Everyone is curious to meet their new Luna. Hell, I'm not sure how much longer I can keep my parents away."

Every day we had the same argument about his parents. They were both dying to meet me, but I knew that getting to know them would be another tie I had with his pack.

"Well, is it okay if I skip the barbeque and only you go?" I asked, trying to buy myself some more time.

"No. I have given you enough time to get used to being here. You are my mate and the Luna of this pack. We're going and that's final," Dylan stated, firmly.

I unintentionally whimpered. My Wolf didn't like his tone and I was right behind her.

"I only meant that we could skip the barbeque and make a day of our own to present me to the pack."

I looked down after I said this. Dylan softly placed his hand under my chin trying to make me look at him.

"I'm sorry. You're right, that sounds better. We should make our own day," Dylan told me, offering me a genuine smile.

"I'd like that, maybe we could do it next weekend or something. It would give us enough time to prepare," I said, while he took my hand in his.

I was looking at him and suddenly noticed a glint in his eyes. 

He smirked and placed his hands around my waist, smoothly sitting me on his lap.

"You do realize that when this happens we will have to be mated," Dylan said while kissing my neck.

"What?" I yelled, pushing him away.

"It's been a week since I found you. We were supposed to mate the first day, but I gave you time. We will be mated by the time I present you to the pack."

Dylan had his hands on either side of my waist while I straddled him. 

I was trying to get away from his hold after he said that, but he held on to me tighter.

"I don't want us to mate!" I said, once again raising my voice.

I felt the happiness surging through me at the thought of completing the mating process. My Wolf wanted to be claimed by Dylan- completely.

"It will happen, and that is not open for discussion," Dylan said, as he removed me from his lap and placed me on the couch.

"I'm going for a run, Eric and John will come and look after you while I'm gone."

Dylan hadn't marked me yet, which was a surprise to me. Even without that bond, it was obvious that Dylan was upset right now.

This was the first time he left like that after an argument. 

The previous times he had stayed and begged me to forgive him, even when he hadn't really been at fault.

I wanted the time alone, but my Wolf kept screaming at me. 

She was trying to take over and stop Dylan from leaving. The only thing I did was watch him go.

Show the vote button some love, and leave a comment if you will. Thank you loads for reading! Cheers!