Chapter 75

I backed up on the couch, away from him, wondering if I'd heard him wrong.

"What do you mean?"

"I think that the way he handled things, was wrong. But I think the right thing to do was kill all of the Rogues, Blake's mate included. I know you think it was okay to let them live, because Lilly didn't die, but what if she had? And, Lilly wasn't the only one who got hurt. Other people were injured as well. My cousin got hurt. Not too bad, but he still had a few broken ribs."

"Well," I started to say, but I didn't really have a way to answer him.

"You told the Alpha that the Rogues weren't going to attack, but what if they had? The pack can't just let Rogues come in, and hope that they won't hurt anyone. I know you were once a Rogue and you're the Luna now. But, before you came, we had Rogues attack. None of them came here just to talk. They attacked, and they killed people," Eric said, his voice rising as he spoke.

I didn't have anything to say back to him. What could I say to that?

When Eric noticed I stayed quiet, he smiled at me.

"I'm not trying to make you feel guilty. I guess I was trying to make a point. But, I think I got it across wrong," he told me, chuckling towards the end.

"My pack back home got attacked by Rogues too. Since my dad was the Beta, I usually found out about it right after it happened. Several times, someone died while trying to protect us," I told him, as memories of my former pack came back to me.

"I think we've all seen it up close at one point or another," Eric said.

"I just feel really mad at him. Even though he said Blake and Christy are okay, I just- I don't even know. I guess it's just how everything happened. I thought he would kill Blake. If he had, I don't think I would be able to forgive him for that," I confessed.

"But he didn't. The Alpha is alive, and so is his mate. I wasn't too fond of Blake. But I know you cared about him a lot," Eric admitted.

I smiled, because I knew almost no one in the pack liked Blake. I was probably the only one who seemed to care about him coming, and actually wanted him in our land.

"Blake was trying to get to you. If the way he fought to get close to you says anything, I can bet you he won't be gone for long," Eric said.

I crossed my legs on the couch, as I began playing with my hands. I was tired physically and mentally. My throat still hurt from all the yelling I had done when they were trying to get me out of the underground area.

"Can I give you another probably unwanted, piece of advice?" Eric asked, giving me a playful grin. In his eyes though, I could see what he was about to say was something important.

I nodded at him, knowing it was probably something I needed to know.

"It isn't the best time to be mad with the Alpha."

Eric's words had given me a lot to think about.

We had stayed inside Dylan's study for almost two hours. When we finally left, it was because Eric said he was starving.

I saw Dylan on the way to the kitchen. He was still in the living room. I continued on my way, not ready to talk to him yet. I wanted too, but it just didn't feel right.

I also thought that Dylan would assume things were fine with us if I talked to him. They weren't.

"I'm thinking steak," Eric said, as I looked through the fridge.

I chuckled, but took out the steaks from the freezer.

"It'll take time. They're frozen," I told him.

He scrunched up his nose, scowling like a little kid.