Chapter 104

Dylan's POV

Leila preferred walking to the doctor's office. I wasn't sure why, but she usually wanted to walk instead of shifting or driving there.

"Let's go!" Leila said, pulling on my arm, trying to hurry me.

Her tugging and pulling hardly made a difference, but I did speed up just for her amusement.

"If you want, I can drive," she told me, already standing on the driver's seat.

I laughed, wondering how she could find time to joke.

"I'm serious," she said, pouting at me.

I took no time in closing the distance between us.

I loved everything about her. Her enticing scent, her soft pale skin, her beautiful features- everything about Leila was perfect. But whenever she gave me that look, both my Wolf and I just wanted to bow down to her and do as she said.

I groaned once I had her in my arms. Holding her in my arms was enough to satiate my Wolf and me, at least for now.

"I'll drive," I told her, as I walked her to the passenger side of the car.

"Fine, but you better hurry up. He's awake," Leila said, more excited than I'd seen her in a while.

I saw her crack a smile when she was with Liam- it was the reason I thought he might be good for her. Not too close, but close enough to distract her while Eric was asleep.

"Alpha, Luna," the pack doctor greeted us right after we stepped into his office.

Leila wasted no time in pleasantries. She smiled at the doctor, and walked straight to the hall where Eric's room was at.

My Wolf was pleased. Our mate was happy and that was all we ever wanted.

I followed after her to Eric's room, taking my time.

"You said he was awake," Leila complained, giving me a sad pouty expression.

I frowned down at Eric's sleeping form. The doctor had assured me he'd woken up.

Leila looked hurt by the fact that Eric was still out of it and I'd been the jackass who had told her he was awake.

She was holding on to Eric's hand, and tears were already building in her eyes. I noticed a small tremble in her lower lip, which was enough to fully wake up my Wolf.

"Leila," I called to her, opening my arms so that she'd come to me.

"He hasn't woken up yet," Leila said, as she made her way to me.

By the time she reached my arms, her tears were falling continuously.

Someone was going to pay for this. That doctor had a death wish. He'd assured me that Eric was fine and that he'd woken up.

Had I known it wasn't the case, I wouldn't have gotten Leila so excited.

"Leila," Eric's voice was barely audible as he called for my mate.

Leila pulled away from me once she heard him. She snapped her head in the direction of the bed where Eric was laying at.

Eric squinted his eyes, putting a hand up to cover the light that was hitting his face directly.

"Eric!" Leila yelled, pulling away from my arms.

I groaned, missing the warmth of her body. She was only a few steps away, but even that felt too far.

"You're really awake!" She excitedly cried, as she crashed herself against his body.

"I am," Eric said, returning the embrace as best as he could.