Chapter 70

"He will release her, I have no doubt in that," Blake said with in his Alpha voice. At this, Eric raised an eyebrow, and rose to his feet.

"I don't want you and Dylan to have problems." I felt nervous as I said that.

"His third in command, John, he wants her dead. I'm not going to allow that." As Blake kept talking, his voice sounded deadlier by the second.

"Hey, hey, stop," I told Blake. Once again, I put my hands on the sides of his face, making him look directly into my eyes.

"I don't have to read your mind to know what you're thinking of doing, and I can't let you do that," I told him.

Anger flashed through his eyes, as he kept his gaze on mine.

"They want to kill her, Leila! I'm not going to let that happened!" Blake growled, his eyes shifting to a dark color. I could feel Blake's Wolf wanting to come out, but he was doing a good job in keeping him at bay.

"I won't let that happen either, I promise. No one is going to hurt her," I said, keeping my voice leveled.

Blake remained still for a second, before he nodded at me.

"Where's Dylan at?" Blake asked.

Even though Eric was in the room, Blake hardly paid attention to him.

Dylan at first didn't want me to come and see Blake. He, like Eric, thought Blake would hurt me out of revenge because his mate was captured.

It took a while to convince him to let me come, and only because he would be keeping in contact with Eric every ten minutes.

"He's with John, but he'll be over after he's made sure everything is fine," I replied.

Blake looked guilty when I said that.

"How is she? John's mate," Blake asked.

I wasn't really sure how she was. I didn't want anything to happen to her, but Blake had been my first priority when the whole ordeal happened.

Even though I knew Blake wouldn't hurt me, I wasn't too sure how he would be with anybody else. I needed to come first and make sure he was okay- or as okay as anyone could be with having their mate locked up.

"She's alive," Eric was the one to reply.

"She's still losing a lot of blood, but some pack members have already gone to donate. The doctor said he wasn't sure how Lilly actually survived. Even for a Wolf, her wounds were pretty bad."

Blake lowered himself on me, resting his head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around him, even though I felt like anything I did wouldn't be enough.

I had managed to make Blake sit down on the couch with me. He hadn't said anything after Eric told him how Lilly was doing.

He seemed to be in deep thought, so I let him be. He had been holding my hand all the while. I wasn't even sure I could feel my hand anymore with how tight Blake's grip was on it.

"I need to go back to my mate," Blake finally spoke.

I was surprised he'd actually separated from her to talk to me. Eric got up from the other couch when he noticed Blake and me standing up.

"The Alpha is almost here," Eric said, as he walked side by side with Blake and me.

"I want you to meet her," Blake told me, offering me a smile, even though it felt forced.

"Did she come here to kill me?" I asked Blake.

He shook his head, and actually chuckled.

"The other Rogues and her- were the ones that were near my territory. She came here to pick up another Rogue that you all have locked up. A guy named Liam."

We had been walking toward the metal door. There were now two guys standing outside of it that hadn't been there before.

"Watch over the Luna. I'm going up to wait for the Alpha," Eric told the two men that were standing there.

They bowed at me, before nodding their heads at Eric.

'I can trust you, right?' I asked Eric in my mind.

'I'm only meeting with The Alpha because he wants to know what Blake told you. I'll edit out most of it,' Eric replied in my mind, and turned to leave.

There was a line of barred cells on either side of the walls. There were only six prisoners, but none of them were from today's attack. Those were all locked up in different confined rooms, with the exception of Blake's mate.

As we passed by, I noticed the Rogue that everyone seemed to be so interested in, Liam. He was lying down on the small bed, reading a book. It was strange how innocent he looked, seeing as the Alpha who had sent Liam to Dylan had accused him of horrible things.

Five more guards were inside with the Wolves that were held captive.

Earlier, Eric had told me that there were more guards on duty because of what had happened. Dylan didn't want to take any chances with anyone trying to escape, especially Blake's mate.

"Wait," Blake told me, stopping me on the way to seeing his mate. The guards from our pack had all stayed at the metal door to stand guard on it. I trusted Blake, but my heart still started beating faster when Blake stopped me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, automatically feeling worried that something had happened.

Blake lightly pushed me in an empty space between two cells. He looked around, probably trying to check that no one had noticed.

"If Dylan tries to kill her, or even hurts her, I'm declaring a war with his pack," Blake whispered in my ear. His hands were on my waist, and he was too close to me.

This was my Blake, telling me that he would actually attack the pack that I know belonged to- my pack.

My eyes got watery just as soon his words registered in my mind.

"I want you to come with me," Blake said.

I looked at him, frowning.

"How can you expect me to do that? This is my pack, Dylan is my mate," I snapped at him, feeling hurt by his words.

"I can't let you hurt them, Blake. I already told you, your mate will be fine," I told him, even though in that moment I was mad that Blake threatened to attack my pack.

"In case that doesn't happen, I'm still taking you. I can't attack Midnight Moon if I know you're here," Blake said. Before I could say anything back, he started walking away.

No one had noticed Blake had pulled me away to talk, and I was glad about that. I wasn't sure what Dylan would do if he heard what Blake had just proposed.

Comment and vote if you'd like:)