Chapter 99

"Leila, wake up," I heard Dylan whisper softly.

"Hmm..." I murmured.

My eyes were slowly opening, but I squinted when the light from above hit me full force.

"Is Eric awake?" I asked, jumping up from the recliner.

Dylan chuckled, and I noticed the amused expression on his face.

"Not yet, but he looks better," Dylan replied, nodding towards Eric's sleeping form.

Dylan was right, Eric did look better. He looked a lot better.

The color had returned to his cheeks, and the bags under his eyes had practically dissipated.

"How much longer do you think he'll be out?" I asked, looking at Dylan with hopeful eyes.

"Today, maybe tomorrow," the pack doctor replied as he walked into the room.

There was a warm smile on his face, which automatically helped soothe my worries.

I nodded, willing him to tell me something else.

"If you wish to go home, I can call you or the Alpha whenever Eric wakes up," he said, giving me a small bow.

I looked at Dylan, knowing full well he would want me to go home.

"I want to stay," I muttered, while grabbing Eric's hand.

Dylan sighed, and he turned to nod at the doctor.

I assumed he had excused him, because the doctor wasted no time in scurrying out the door.

"You've only slept for a few hours Leila. You must be exhausted. I want you home, resting," he said, taking a few steps closer to me.

"I'm not tired," I quickly countered.

"Your body is still recovering, from..." Dylan said, his voice turning softer.

Images of what had happened just two days ago came rushing back to me. If Eric's unconscious form wouldn't remind me of the battle between the packs, then my lost pup would.

Dylan moved over to stand behind me. He snaked his arms around my waist, and rested his hands on my stomach.

"I just want you to rest," he whispered, while his thumb ran small circles over my stomach.

I rested myself against him, as he nestled his head in my neck.

"I've missed us," Dylan whispered, placing a few kisses just below my ear.

I closed my eyes, letting the silence settle between us.

"I don't want to leave him alone," I told Dylan.

"Do you want me to bring someone to watch him? Since I'll be with you, Scott can come and keep guard. I'll call Eric's mother as well," Dylan said, turning me around so that I was facing him.

I shook my head at him, while resting my hands on his chest.

"Call Scott," I told him.

Dylan raised an eyebrow, looking at me questioningly.

"They are his family Leila. They have a right to be here."

"His mom only talks about his mate. She keeps blaming Eric, like if it's his fault. I don't like it," I said, feeling myself frown.

"Hmm... It's been a while since I've seen you pout," Dylan told me, running his thumb over my lower lip.

I giggled, thinking that I usually pouted when I wanted something and Dylan was set in telling me 'no'.