Chapter 33

Alpha Jackson hadn't said anything for a while. He was just looking at Dylan and me. His features had darkened. He looked beyond furious, but still he made no comment.

"Leila belonged to my pack first. Her father is the Beta of Staten Pack, so she has ties with us. The marriage with Nicolas was arranged and she failed to comply with my command. If she doesn't come with us, we will try her for treason. Her death can seal the debt," Alpha Jackson said. My dad snapped his head toward Alpha Jackson's direction, but he didn't say anything.

Dylan started shaking by my side- no doubt his wolf wanted to take over.

"No!" Alpha Nicolas yelled, staring at Alpha Jackson.

"I will not allow you to kill her. I want her, and she will come with me. Right Leila," he said, looking at me and his voice softening as he spoke.

Alpha Jackson looked at me as well, waiting for me to reply to Alpha Nicolas.

"No one is taking my mate!" Dylan yelled.

They all stayed quiet, reacting to Dylan's tone and words.

I saw one of the guys from my former pack start moving from behind my dad. I should've thought something of it, but instead I focused on the anger plastered on everyone's face.

Before I knew it, the guy had shifted in the air and he was jumping to attack us.

It took next to no time before everyone started going at each other. We had the upper hand. Not only did Dylan's pack have more members, but we had the advantage of knowing the area.

Dylan didn't even let go of me as everyone started fighting. He, Jace, and I watched as wolves started ripping each other apart. Alpha Jackson, Alpha Nicolas, my dad, and two more guys hadn't shifted either, but they were trying to take on wolves.

I was worried about the fight. I didn't want my dad to get hurt. I even felt bad for Alpha Nicolas, but that didn't mean I wanted to go with him.

It didn't take long before the men from Dylan's pack had either severely hurt, or killed all of the men fighting from the other packs.

"Enough!" Dylan yelled. It caused every wolf from his pack to stop, and back off. They kept growling at the other guys, but they were no longer attacking.

"I'm pretty sure that should give you your answer about trying to take Leila," Dylan said, letting go of me and crossing his arms on his chest.

I didn't want to be near any of them as they had a stare off with Dylan. It didn't matter because they had attacked, and lost.

"As respect from Alpha to Alpha, we will expect you to let us leave your land without harm," Alpha Jackson said, his voice coated with venom. If he could, he would've killed Dylan and me. But numbers weren't on his side. The best thing he could do at the moment was back off.

"You may leave and take your injured pack members. I will give you all one hour to be out of my territory before we attack again," Dylan warned Alpha Jackson. My dad didn't even try to move when Alpha Jackson walked away. He just stared at me, and I could see disappointment in his eyes.

"This isn't over," Alpha Nicolas said, staring at Dylan with pure hatred in his eyes. If I wouldn't have been involved in all this, none of them would be trying to hurt Dylan's pack. It made me feel bad that because of me, Dylan had just gotten attacked by them.

"I will get you back Leila. You are rightfully mine," Alpha Nicolas said, looking straight into my eyes. He tried to take a step closer to me, but a growl from Dylan made him back off.

"Leave now, before I don't let you leave Nicolas," Dylan threatened.

After giving us one last look, Alpha Nicolas jumped in the air and shifted into his Wolf. There were bodies left behind from Wolves that did get killed. The ones that got hurt were getting up and slowly walking away towards the woods.

No one moved until every single Wolf that came with them was gone.

"Jace, get someone to clean this mess up. And, please gather the pack. We're having a meeting in two hours," Dylan said to Jace.

Both Jace and John nodded, and started shouting out orders to the men.

As soon as we were inside, Dylan made his way upstairs.

"Dylan, they are going to come back," I said, following after him.

"I know," he replied, continuing on his way.

We reached our room and Dylan hadn't said anything else. He seemed focused on doing something, but he didn't say what.

"We need a plan," I told him, as I pulled on his arm and made him face me.

"No, I need to figure out what I'm going to do with the pack. You just need to relax. I'll take care of everything," Dylan told me, putting his hands on the side of my face and leaning down to kiss me.

"I can help you, just let me," I told him after he pulled away.

"Leila, what can you do?" Dylan asked, letting out a chuckle. I frowned at him as he rummaged through our closet. He started changing into clothes that look dressier than what he'd been wearing before.

"Put on a dress," Dylan ordered. I look at him strangely, wondering why we were dressing up.

"Why?" I asked him, confused.

"I'm presenting you to the pack this afternoon. If we're having an attack soon, they need to know who you are," he explained.

I didn't like his idea, but either way, I started looking through the closet. Before I left, I had already decided what I'd wear the day I would be presented to the pack.

"What's wrong?" He asked as I stood still, staring at the dress in my hands.

"How long do we have till we have to go meet up with the pack?"

"Jace is getting them together right now. It gives us about an hour and a half," Dylan said, his serious expression returning.

"What about mating? I thought you wanted us to fully mate before you presented me to the them."

"For now, the claim will have to do. Everyone in the pack will know you are mine either way. I just want them to know who their new Luna is." Dylan caressed my cheek and kissed my forehead.

I smiled at him, even though I was still feeling the after effects of the confrontation.

"Let me just slip in the dress and sandals, and I'll be ready," I told him, shutting the door to the closet.

Hope you guys comment and vote:)