Chapter 35

I stayed quiet, staring at Dylan. He looked furious, with his arms crossed and his intimidating figure staring down at me.

"Answer me," he said. His voice wasn't raised, but I could hear the order behind his words.

"We might need his help," I said softly.

"We don't need anything from him. I have everything under control. I don't need another pack's help," Dylan said, walking around his desk and standing in front of me.

"Yes we do. Do you think that if Alpha Jackson or Alpha Nicolas attack, they will do it alone?" I asked, raising my hands in the air. My words came out in a yell. I didn't intend to speak that way, but I was scared. I knew what they were capable of- at least Alpha Jackson.

"Do you know how sexy you look right now?" Dylan asked, taking a step closer to me.

I looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"Is that a joke?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

"I don't joke," Dylan said, seriously. I was about to object to that, but instead, stayed quiet. It was true, he never really joke about anything.

The house phone started ringing and I looked down at it. Dylan looked at me and then at the phone.

"Answer it, it's probably Blake," Dylan said. I stared at him, wondering if it was a trick.

"It's not a trick, answer the phone before you miss the call," Dylan repeated. I raised both my eyebrows, surprised that he knew I was thinking that.

"You left your guard down, I can hear your thoughts," he said, and pointed to the phone. I looked at him strangely, still not knowing if he was testing me.

"Hello?" I said into the phone when I finally answered it.

Dylan walked to take a seat in the chair that was behind his desk.

"Leila, are okay?" Blake asked, his voice sounding desperate.

"I'm fine, sorry for hanging up," I said.

"It's okay. Is Dylan there?"

"He's right here," I told Blake, looking at Dylan who was watching me.

"Do you need me to go over there?" Blake asked, sounding like he was ready to come at any moment.

Before I got to answer, a yelp left my lips as Dylan roughly grabbed my waist and sat me on his lap.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Blake asked me. He sounded genuinely worried.

I moved around on Dylan's lap, turning myself to face him.

He didn't do anything, just continued to stare at me as I talked to Blake.

"I'm okay, sorry about that. Thank you, for your words- earlier," I told him, feeling grateful that I could count on him.

"No need. Are you good now?" Blake asked, once again.

"I am. If I do need anything, I'll call you, yeah?" I said to him.

"That sounds good. But, just keep me updated with anything that happens, even if it's small," Blake said, now sounding more relieved.

"I will. Thank you so much. For everything," I told him.

Blake chuckled through the phone, and it made me feel a lot better. I had known him for so little, yet I could really count on him.

"No problem. I'll talk to you later Leila," Blake said.

"Bye," I said to him, letting a smile form on my face.