Chapter 12

"Can we go for a run?" I asked Dylan while we sat in the living room watching a movie.

"You want to go out?" Dylan looked surprised as he asked that.

"I haven't been for a run and my wolf wants to be let out," I told him, shrugging.

"Let's go right now," he said, getting up and pulling me with him.

"Okay," I replied, as we made our way to the front door.

"If you don't want us to run into the pack, I know a route where they are not allowed to be in," he explained.

"Actually, I have another space in mind," I told him, a smile playing on my lips.

"You do?" Dylan asked me, frowning.

"The second day I got here, Jace took me for a run in the space between this pack and the neighboring one," I told Dylan, with a grin on my face.

Just thinking about running there had me really excited. I wanted to let my wolf out, but more than anything, I wanted to swim in the beautiful lake.

"Why were you and Jace there?" Dylan asked.

He had been heading toward the forest, but now had completely stopped to look at me.

"I told you. We went for a run."

"Why hadn't you told me that?"

"I didn't think it was important. All we did was run, swim, and then come back," I told him, feeling annoyed. He was starting again with the same thing about Jace and me.

"You two went swimming in the lake?" Dylan asked, sounding outraged.

"Was there anybody else with you two?" He questioned, clenching his jaw.

"No, we were alone. But we didn't do anything," I said casually, trying to not let his jealousy get to me.

"If anything happened while you were there, I want to know now rather than be surprised later," Dylan told me.

He was pretending to be fine, but I could see right through him. I decided that it was now or never. Besides, Jace and I really hadn't taken our relationship far.

"There was never anything between Jace and me, but," I let the sentence hang, trying to find the best way to tell Dylan.

"But what?" He asked, starting to shake from anger.

"Jace proposed we start something. He wanted me to ask you permission to stay. And- we kissed," I told him, honestly.

"So you lied to me? To cover up what you two did?" Dylan's shaking got worse and I knew he would shift at any moment.

"We didn't do anything else, and besides, I had already told Jace I didn't want anything to do with him," I defended myself.

"I am going to kill him," Dylan said as he started walking toward the road.

"No, you're not," I stated, catching up to him and wrapping my hand around his wrist.

"Why are you defending him?" He asked, with an accusing tone.

"I am defending him because Jace and I didn't do anything. And if we had, that would've been before I met you."

"You are mine!" Dylan yelled.

"You will only ever be with me," he said while grabbing me by the waist.

He pressed me closer to him and started kissing me roughly. I felt his wolf within him, trying to show his mate who was in charge.