Chapter 98

We'd been in the dining room eating the food that Blake and Christy had brought.

Dylan had been telling me to eat, and I was trying to force down the food for his benefit. I wasn't really hungry- especially with everything that had happened.

"We're leaving right after this," Blake said, keeping his gaze on me.

"You are?" I asked, feeling my heart sink. I'd been hoping they would stay longer.

"As you know, the Rogues and Jackson attacked my pack first. We had a few causalities. Michael's taking care of things, but the pack is asking for me," he explained.

"I understand. You should be with them," I said, smiling at him.

Being here with Dylan and Blake- it was comforting. I just couldn't stop thinking about Eric. I already wanted to get back to him.

I wanted to be there when he woke up.

"I was hoping Dylan would give me a few minutes with you," Blake said, now looking at Dylan.

"No," Dylan stated.

They stared at each other defiantly. While I remained quiet, Christy was starting to look anxious. I assumed she still wasn't used to their confrontations.

"It's important," Blake said.

Dylan remained quiet, shifting his gaze from Blake to me.

"Please?" I asked quietly.

"I'm not leaving you out of my sight," Dylan said, while running his hand over my cheek.

"You should give them a moment," Christy quietly added.

Dylan turned to look at her, a frown forming on his face. I was well aware of what Dylan thought about Christy.

"No," Dylan said, looking like he wouldn't give in.

"You owe me," Blake said, keeping his gaze on Dylan.

Dylan narrowed his eyes at him, not looking happy with Blake's comment.

"What you want as a payment is to speak with my mate?"

Blake nodded at Dylan. I was surprised when Dylan chuckled, even though he kept the hard expression on his face.

"You can have anything you want, except for moments alone with her. She's not leaving my side. The last time that happened..." Dylan began to say, looking down at my flat stomach that was covered by a thin white shirt.

His words were a stab in a wound that was still so fresh. I got up from my chair and began running from the dining table.

"Why did you say that?" Blake snapped at Dylan.

I heard them yelling at each other, and Dylan trying to come after me. I didn't stop. I kept running upstairs, until I was standing outside of our room.

Dylan hadn't been lying when he said he had wrecked it. The room was completely destroyed.

I didn't waste my time locking the door. If Dylan wanted to come in, he'd simply break the lock. I walked in, and slumped myself against a wall.

It was comforting to be in our room, even if it was ruined. It had so many great memories- memories where everything was perfect.

"Leila," I heard Blake's voice. I was surprised to see him here, instead of Dylan.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

I felt like I'd be doing that for a while.

"For what?" He asked, sounding taken aback.