38

" Hey" Yea-Ji greeted Lisa when she saw Jennie wasn't with her.

" Hi, by the way, you did great tonight". Lisa told Yea-Ji.

" I didn't win Lisayah, it's your wife who won".

" I know but you still did great. I mean, Dior is one of the best brands, and I know how hard to handle such a big company because Jennie always told me about that and though you haven't won tonight, I'm sure you won in the hearts of the people who trusted you. You manage to make your company as one of the best brands and I believe that is enough, having an award or recognization is just a bonus. And if you will ask me, even if my wife will win an award or not, I'm still proud of her and I'm also proud of you". The Thai smiled at her genuinely and Yea-Ji can't help but feel her heart beat frantically. It's her first time hearing from someone that they are proud of her aside from her best friend.

" Thank you, Lisa." Yea-Ji smiled warmly and looked at her.

" I hope my parents have the same mindset as yours". Yea-Ji mumbled and that's enough for Lisa to hear.

" Of course they will be proud of you," Lisa stated but Yea-Ji shook her head.

" They won't. Ever since I handled the company, all I heard from them is a disappointment." Yea-Ji said which made Lisa look at her in confusion.

" Why? I mean, you're one of the best---- being one of the best is not enough. They want me to be on top." Yea-Ji cuts her off.

" I'm sure when I get home, they will scold me". She added and Lisa felt sad for her. She didn't know that Yea-Ji and her parents aren't on good terms.

" Anyway, I have to go before Jennie will see me talking to you". Yea-Ji chuckled and was ready to turn her heels when suddenly she felt dizzy. Lisa noticed her discomfort and she quickly holds her arms.

" Hey, you okay?". The Thai asked worriedly.

" Y-yes, I'm fine". The latter smiled at her. She heaved a deep sigh and regain her composure.

" Are you sure?". Lisa asked still holding her arms.

" Yes, thank---- LISA!". Yea-Ji didn't get the chance to finish her sentence when Jennie showed up and removed Lisa's hands onto her.

" Jennie----- What are you doing to my wife huh?!". Jennie didn't let Lisa speak and confront Yea-Ji.

" Honey it's not ------ why are you holding her?! I just went to the restroom for a minute and then when I came back you're now holding her?!'. Jennie raised her brow at her wife.

" Hun, it's not what you think, I just help her because she almost lose her balance". Lisa explained but Jennie being a jealous wife disregarded her explanation.

" And you believe that?! What if she was just pretending, she's just doing that to get your attention?!".

" What is going on here?". Nayeon butted in.

" What's with the commotion?". Seulgi also inquired.

" This woman tried to take my wife's attention by pretending to lose her balance so my wife could hold her!". Jennie said in anger.

" What the hell Lisayah?!". Nayeon gasped and looked at the Thai in disbelief.

" I can also lose my balance if you want so you could also hold me ------ NAYEON!". Jeongyeon, Seulgi, Ryujin cut her off while Irene and Yeji looked at their friend in disbelief.

" Okay let me explain, Jennie look it's not------ Lisa it's fine". Yea-Ji cut her off.

The brunette wasn't in the mood to argue and fight with Jennie as she is not feeling well. Yea-Ji swallowed a lump in her throat and closed her eyes when her vision gets blurry. She also sweating though it's cold inside the event.

That action was noticed by Lisa. She looks at the brunette when she saw the discomfort in Yea-Ji's face.

" Yea-Ji, you okay?". Lisa asked her and was ready to approach her again but then Jennie stopped her by holding her arm.

" What are you doing?, I'm sure she was ----- I don't think so" Seulgi cut off Jennie.

They all looked to Yea-Ji and the latter felt their gazes at her.

" I-I'm okay. I I have to----- Yea-Ji!". Before Yea-Ji could finish her sentence, she lost consciousness, and fortunately Lisa quickly catch her before she fall to the floor.

They all caught everyone's attention and start to get worried at the Dior's CEO.

" Lis we need to take her to the hospital". Jeongyeon suggested which made Lisa nods her head and quickly lifted Yea-Ji and carried her in a bridal style.

" Come on". The Thai said. Seeing the incident the press starts to walk towards them but Seulgi, Jeongyeon, and Ryujin shoved them so Lisa could quickly walk through them and rush Yea-Ji to the hospital. The bottoms were also quickly followed behind.

Jennie looked at how Lisa carried Yea-Ji and she felt her blood boil at the sight but decided to set it aside when she saw the unconscious and pale Yea-Ji.

SEOUL MEDICAL HOSPITAL

JENNIE

" How is she doc Jo?". My wife asked the doctor.

The doctor heaved a deep sigh before she answered my wife.

" Yea-Ji has a Grade 3 brain cancer (tumor), and it grows quickly and is likely to spread into nearby tissues". The doctor stated.

All of us gasped upon hearing what she said. Yea-Ji has a tumor? How?

" What are you saying she has a tumor?". Lisa asked her confusedly.

" Ms. Seo has grade 3 brain cancer. They are more likely to spread to other parts of the brain, rarely the spinal cord. We advised her for surgery but she refused to do so as she said she can't leave her work". The doctor said.

" Lisa, I know I'm not in the position to tell this but please tell her to reconsider her surgery." She adds.

" Why my wife?". I raised my brow at the doctor.

" Because Yea-Ji told me that she likes Lisa so maybe if Lisa will suggest her to take a surgery she will------- Are you aware that I am Lisa's wife?!". I sternly said and I am controlling my anger towards her.

" Honey". Lisa wrapped her arms around my waist.

" Listen here doctor, my wife isn't obligated to Yea-Ji. If that woman didn't like to take her surgery don't ask my wife to---

" Honey calm down". Lisa interrupts me. She knew that I'm losing my patience with this doctor.

" I agreed with Jennie. Lisa is not obligated to Yea-Ji. If she wants to die being a hero for her company so be it. Jeez!". Nayeon butted in and even hooked her arm at my wife which of course I send her a deadly glare.

" Oops sorry Jennifer". Nayeon quickly unhooked her arm at my wife.

" Lisa---- Yah!". I again cut off the doctor's sentence as she's really persistent to ask for my wife's help.

" Jennie". Lisa firmly said.

" I apologize for my wife's behavior Doctor Jo. Don't worry I'll talk to Yea-Ji about it". Lisa stated which made the doctor smile.

" Thank you, Lisa". The named Doctor Jo smiled before she left us.

" Are you out of your mind?! You are not obligated to that woman Lisa!". I raised my voice at her.

" I know honey but we're talking about someone's life. Besides, I'm just going to talk to her------ What if she'll use her illness to have your attention?!". I cut her off.

" She won't, okay?. Trust me".