48

LISA

Today's the day. The day where Yea-Ji's heart will be transferred to me. I know we all should have mourned for losing her, but the doctor advised us that we need to do the heart transplant as soon as possible since the heart is only viable for 4-6 hours after the death of the donor.

Jennie and our friends except Chaesoo are here to support me. Speaking of Chaesoo, they told us that they will follow later as soon as their twins are asleep since the two were throwing tantrums and they can't just leave right away which I totally understand.

Aside from that, Ella and Kris are also here with me today.

" You ready, Dada?". My princess asked me.

" Yes, Princess". I shortly replied.

" Are you nervous?". She added.

" Honestly, yes. We'll never know what will happen as soon as I entered the operating room." I honestly replied. Ella holds my hand and gives me a reassuring smile.

" Everything's gonna be alright, Dada. We will pray that your surgery will be successful". She said that made me smile.

" She's right, Tata. We will pray for you. All of us here will pray for you". Kris seconded which made me nods.

" Thank you, babies". I replied making them hug me.

" Hey, hun". Jennie went toward us after she spoke with one of the surgeons who will perform a heart transplant for me.

" Hey". I softly replied and smiled at her.

" Dr. Cheng told me that they are just waiting to remove the heart from Yea-Ji to transfer it to you," Jennie informed me and I just nodded my head.

" You'll gonna be okay, I promise you". She reassured me and kissed my temple.

" Thank you for not leaving me, Nini". I sincerely told her.

" Of course, Lili. I am your wife so who else would be here aside from me? Unless you have a mistress". Jennie retorted and glared at when she said the last sentence.

I rolled my eyes at her as she really have the time to joke.

" I'm just kidding, honey. Like I said, in sickness and in health, I'll always be by your side". She said and give me a warm smile.

" I love you". I blurted out.

" And I'll always love you". She replied and smiled before leaning to peck on my lips.

" Hi, sorry to interrupt but can I speak with you, Jennie?". Suddenly, Dr. Lee butted in and worries were visible on his face.

" Why, what's wrong?". I inquired.

" Nothing, I just want to discuss some things..." He was hesitant to say that got me curious.

" Alright, doc. I'll be back honey, okay?". Jennie informed me and pecked my lips before she followed Doctor Lee outside.

JENNIE

" What do you mean they didn't agree?!". I said in frustration after finding out that Yea-Ji's parents didn't agree to donate their daughter's heart.

" Her parents didn't want to permit to remove their daughter's heart-----Yea-Ji gave her consent to donate her heart to my wife!". I cut him off. Good thing we were here in his office so Lisa won't hear us.