39

ELLA

" Dada"

" Dada". I called her as soon as she arrived at our home.

" Hey princess, how are you?". She asked after I kissed her cheek.

" I'm good, where have you been at this morning? Or you didn't come home last night?". I asked her.

" The latter one." She replied.

" Why?".

" I just did something baby".

"  Is it work-related?"

" Nope, but it's something important".

" More important than coming home to us?". I retorted which caused her to swallow a lump in her throat.

" Baby---- I heard the Tata's our talking last night about your decision to convince Ms. Seo to take her surgery and I kinda agreed to them. It's not your responsibility to convince her. If she didn't want it, that's her choice." I cut her off.

" Ella---- I'm 13 dada and I understand everything. I'm mature enough to know what's happening around me.". I interrupted her again.

" Ella listen to me----- No dada, you listen to me. SHE. IS. NOT. YOUR. RESPONSIBILITY. WE. ARE. YOUR. RESPONSIBILITIES". I emphasized every word.

" We are your family and not her. Stop being kind to others, they will just abuse your kindness. Ms. Seo likes you and I'm sure she's enjoying having your attention. You've been convincing her for a week now and yet she hasn't decided". I added and she just remained stoned in her position.

" As your eldest daughter, I also have the right to speak what's on my mind. Your responsibility is here in this house. The one you should take care of is us. Your wife is upstairs probably sleeping with a heavy heart because her wife didn't come home last night because she's with someone else house." I continued.

" Your attention should be on our mom and not with someone else."

" I don't want to be upset with you Dada and I'm not going to apologize for how I talk to you right now because I know, I'm the right one here."

" Don't hurt my Mama. Don't hurt your wife." I firmly said before I left her and went back to my room.

LISA

" Hey". I pecked my wife's lips before I lay beside her.

" You're here". She said.

" Yeah, I'm sorry I wasn't able to come home last night because Yea-Ji kept vomiting". I told her and that's the truth. It's been weeks since we have found out about her illness and it's been also weeks since I'm trying to convince her.

She told me that she can't leave her work because her parents will be upset with her. I told her to tell her parents about her conditions and maybe they'll understand if she'll take a break from their company in the meantime for her treatment but she refused to do so.