44

ELLA

Kris and I were here at the hospital to visit Yea-Ji unnie

Kris and I were here at the hospital to visit Yea-Ji unnie. My parents didn't know that I went here as I reasoned out that Kris and I will go to the mall.

After I found out from dada that she's terminally ill and was now on end-stage brain cancer. I called Kris to accompany me here.

To be honest, I don't know what the means when dada told me so I tried to research it and as soon as I read it, my heart sank knowing Yea-Ji unnie's condition.

" You okay?". I was snapped out of my thoughts when Kris tap my shoulder.

" Y-yeah". I shortly replied

We are now standing in front of Yea-Ji unnie's room and I compose myself before facing her.

" Ella? What are you doing here?". Yeaji unnie asked but smiled afterward when she saw me enter her room.

" Hi unnies". I greeted her and So-hee unnie.

" I came here to visit you. Dada told me about your condition". I said and sat in front of her while Kris sat on the couch.

" Hello unnie". Kris greeted her as well while So-hee unnie excused herself to grab food.

" How are you unnie?". I inquired, I know it's a stupid question, and was obvious that she's not fine but I wanted to know what she feel.

" I feel fine". She quickly replied and smiled while she's breathing heavily.

" Dada told me that you stopped doing your chemos". I stated in and my voice crack.

" Yeah, I mean what's the use of doing chemos when I only have weeks." Hearing what she said made me gulp. I may be not in her situation but I can feel that she's trying so hard to fight.

" Ella..." She called

" Yes, unnie?"

" Thank you". She said while smiling.

" F-for what?". I asked confusedly.

" For being the way to meet your Dada". She stated

" For pushing your Dada to approach me after my mom and I confrontation at the restaurant. If it wasn't for you, I will never meet her...you and your family". She said although she's struggling to speak.

" But I enjoyed being with your family though I had a non-stop bickering with your Mama and your Tata Nayeon". She said smiling.

" Unnie..." I felt my tears brimming at the corner of my eyes.

" Can I have a favor, Ella?" She said and held my hand.

" Sure unnie, as long as I can, I'll do it". I answered making her smile.

" That when I die, I want you to give this to your Dada".

Yeaji unnie said and hand me a folder.