83

ELLA

" Hey Maisie, have you seen Kris?"

" Hey Maisie, have you seen Kris?". I asked Maisie as soon as I entered the classroom and sit on my chair. I have been looking for Kris since I arrived at school but I couldn't spot her.

" Why? Didn't she fetch you?". She asked back earning an eye roll from me

" I wouldn't ask you her whereabouts if she had fetched me, Maisie". I said in an annoyed tone that caused her to chuckle.

" Yah why so grumpy?".

" Who wouldn't if someone asked some stupid question". I retorted.

" Chill not gonna fight you, I'm not your enemy okay?". She said as she surrendered her hands in the air.

" Why don't you just call her--- do you think I didn't do that?". I said raising my brow making her surrender her hands in the air once again.

" You really got your mama's attitude". She said chuckling.

" Yes, and we both hate stupid--- I get it okay? No need to repeat yourself". Maisie cut me off and I just rolled my eyes at her.

" Here I'll call Jade-- you have her number?".

" Well yeah because we're classmates and I'm a friendly girl--- friendly because she always brought food". I didn't let her finish her sentence.

" Well, that's the main reason why I befriend her". She laughed.

" Wait it's ringing, oh wow her ringtone is 🎶 ice cream chillin chillin ice cream, chillin🎶". She said putting her phone on speaker and sang the song while doing the choreo of ice cream by Blackpink.

" 🎶Chillin like a villain yeah ra--- Hello, Maisie". Her singing was interrupted when Jade answered her call.

" Hello there". Maisie replied earning an eye roll from me.

" Hey Maisie, what's up?". Jade asked.

" Ceiling, just kidding". She chuckled as she joked and I can't help but facepalm myself.

" Anyway, is Kris with you?".

" Yes, she's beside me and we're having breakfast, why?". She said, hearing that from her, I felt a pang in my chest. Why was Kris always with her? She was supposed to be with me since I am her best friend.

" Ohh someone's looking for her--- really, who?". Jade asked.

" Her best friend". Maisie replied while looking at me and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her when a smirk was plastered on her face.

" Oh wait let me hand the phone to Kris". Jade said.

" Hello? Maisie?". I heard Kris's voice.

" Hey someone wants to talk to you". Maisie said and request a face time which Kris quickly accepted.

" Talk to your bes fwen". Maisie teased before handing me her phone.