43

LISA

As soon as we all had returned from the hospital, I excused myself from our friends and Jennie and went straight to our room and locked myself in the bathroom.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, tightly grip at the sink, and glared at myself.

FLASHBACK

THIRD-PERSON

After running a series of tests for hours, Dr. Lee faced the couples.

" How's the result?". Jennie quickly asked the doctor.

Lisa's doctor heaved a deep sigh before he speaks and that scene made the couple feel more anxious.

" After running a series of tests, we found out that, your heart's structure and size changes. Your left ventricle caused a backward flow of blood that made your heart pump less effectively. The changes in your heart's structure and changes in pressure on your heart's chambers can lead to the development of abnormal heart rhythms."

" We've also found a blood clot in your left ventricle which may enter the bloodstream and cut off the blood supply to your vital organs and these blood clots can cause you stroke, heart attack or damage to other organs or worst a sudden cardiac arrest". Lisa's Doctor informed her. Hearing that from him, made Jennie cry. She held her wife's hand who was too stunned to speak.

Chaeyoung can't help but also cry when she heard the news. She called her best friend but the latter didn't hear and ignored her.

" Li-lisayah". Jennie cried out and hugged her wife who was trying to stop her tears.

" Is there a chance for performing another surgery?". The Thai asked her doctor and a crack in her voice can be heard.

" For now, we suggest you for some therapies, but if those therapies won't work, we need to perform a second heart transplant". Doctor Lee informed her

" And what's the survival rate after the second transplant?". Jisoo inquired.

" 48%." The doctor shortly replied.

" B-but y-you'll do everything, right?" Jennie asked while she's sobbing.

" I'll do everything but as I said, we can't guarantee that this operation will be successful just like the first surgery."

END OF FLASHBACK

LISA

" Lili". I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Jennie knocking behind the door.

" Honey, please talk to me." She softly said. I felt my tear ducts stinging as I tried my hardest to stop myself from crying.

" Honey please open the door". She added and I felt bad for making her worry.

I cleared my throat at stared at myself once again in the mirror before opening the door and facing my wife.

" Lisayah". Jennie hugged me tight as soon as I opened the door.

Suddenly, she sobbed which made me swallow the lump in my throat

" H-hey, why are you crying?". I inquired and I tried hard not to cry. Not now...

" I can't... N-not again h-honey". Jennie said between her sobs.

" Shhh, I'll be fine, honey. Doctor Lee said I can undergo another surgery if the therapies won't work. Don't you want it, I can have a new heart meaning another 15 years?". I said trying to lighten the mood but Jennie shooked her head.