45

JENNIE

" How's Ella?"

" How's Ella?". Lisa asked in concern as soon as I came back to our room.

" She's sleeping, she falls asleep cause of too much crying". I replied and laid beside her. Lisa heaved a deep sigh and I know she's blaming herself for making our daughter cry.

" Hey, she's fine hun. She was just shocked after finding out about your condition." I told her and laid my head on her chest while she wrapped her arms around me.

" I'm sorry Nini". Lisa mumbled making me lift my gaze at her.

" What are you apologizing for?". I inquired, Lisa smiled before she answered.

" For causing another problem again. I'll be a burden to you again because of----- What are you saying? Lisa, you are my wife. You will never be a burden to me, okay? When we got married I made a promise to you that I will stay by your side in sickness and in health so never ever think that you'll be a burden to me because you're not". I sternly said and cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

" Nini--- I love you, Lisa." I interrupted her again. I sat up and cupped her face.

" I love you and I will never get tired of you. I know our lives haven't been perfect, and it hasn't been easy and, honestly, it hasn't always been pleasant. But, still, I'm grateful because I have you, Lili. You've been there with me. You've been my rock. You've been my anchor. You've been my person. Just as our vows said, you've been there for me in good times and in bad. In sickness and in health. You haven't left my side. So there is no way I will leave you. Not now. So please, I pray you also never leave me, Lili. Not again". Tears brimmed at the corner of my eyes while saying these words to her.

" I. I don't want to lose you again, honey. It hurts..."

" Nini.."

" So don't you ever think of giving up because I won't. I won't give up on you. I won't get tired of you. We will both face this." I told her. She smiled at me and also cupped my face and wipe my tears away.

" What if this time I couldn't make it?". Lisa forced to smile.

" You will make it, do you hear me? You are not going to leave me. Our kids need you, they need their dada so don't you dare leave us". I sternly said while my tears keep streaming down my face.

Lisa smiled at me again before she nods her head.

" Okay, honey". She simply answered and pulled me for a hug.