Mermaid Reader X Camilo

(you and camilo are both 17)
You lived alone now you may wonder why but it was simple really.
Once you hit the age of 17 a ring would appear on ur finger the same one would appear on your soulmates hand, and you had to go up to land to find him.
Every mermaid leaves their family at the age of 17 because it's an unbroken tradition.
You just turned 17 one hour ago and you were swimming to the surface as fast as you could.
You had longed for this day to come for so long now.

Meanwhile the madrigals were sitting on a bus towards the beach.
Abuela had noticed that most of them overworked themselves and decided it was time for a small break.
"Woww" Camilo said, getting out of the bus and finally seeing the beach for the first time.
"i wanna meet the animals on the beach"
Antonio said dragging Mirabel behind her.
The madrigals chose a quiet beach area with almost no people.
The parents were now laying on the beach, while the kids built some sand castles.
"Owww" a painful sounding whine was heard.
The parents rushed over and saw Camilo on the ground holding his hand.

"What happened?" pepa asked, concerned about her child's health.
"I don't know, he started to scream in pain and fell to the ground,"  Dolores said.
"don't worry the pain is disappearing a bit"
Camilo said, still holding his hand.
"Let me see," julieta said, taking his hand and looking over it carefully.
She suddenly had a shocked expression and everyone was getting a bit worried.
"What's wrong, Julieta?" abuela asked with worry in her tone.
Julieta saw the ring on his finger and recognized it instantly, how could she not when she had a mermaid friend she knew oh too well.

"Camilo come" she said, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the water.
Meanwhile you were on the same beach still in the water and out of sight so no one could see you.
"i knew he was here i could sense him"
You mumbled to yourself being excited to meet your soulmate. He was on the beach and lucky for you should his ring touch the water you automatically would know where he was making it easier to get to him.
Meanwhile julieta pulled a confused camilo to the ocean, stuck his hand in and pulled it out seconds after.

You noticed this instantly but came to a stop when u saw how shallow the water was where they were.
"julieta what are u doing" u saw ur soulmate ask her and hell was he handsome.
The rest of her family seemed to look at her confused too.
You however quickly knew that she was well informed about mermaids and she should know you're near.
"dang it" u whispered underneath your breath as u heard an elderly woman say "let's go into our hotel for today and come back tomorrow" you wanted to see you're soulmate more so u turned human and ran up to them.

"hello" you said to their confused faces as they tried to figure out where you came from.
Julieta as they called her grabbed ur soulmates arm and said
"that was extremely fast y/n wasn't it".
Everyone looked at her confused while you grinned.
"thank u julieta" u said as u now recognized her as your moms friend.
"Can I have what's mine now?" u asked her while glaring at her intensely.

"What's going on?" your soulmate asked confused and damn u already loved his voice.
"You should probably explain to my family first," Julieta said looking at you.
"i will after i have what belongs to ME"
You growled slightly.
Julieta sighs and pushes camilo into your arms. "Hey!" he yelled obviously not expecting her to shove him into your arms.
"I will explain now," you said to them, now satisfied with your soulmate in your arms.

You started to explain as they listened intently to ur story as u explained.
"I mean u could always come and live with us that way ur closer to camilo" luisa said.
"great idea" you replied smiling from ear to ear as you held onto his hand.
"for today let's go back and rest. It's getting dark" Isabella said, pointing at the sky.
You made your way back with them holding Camilo's hand who was just as much excited as he was blushing.