Extra

The opportunity to fall in love with someone is sometimes really just a very small thing.

    That year, Jiang Xing moved from City B, where he had lived for ten years, to City S, where he was unfamiliar. From the most precious only son in the family, he became an adopted son with a brother of the same age and a younger brother three years younger. The spotlight turns to a marginalized person who is away from home.

    At that time, he was only ten years old.

    The undeveloped thin body curled up alone on the top bunk of the bunk bed. Listening to the sound of the sleeping breathing of the two brothers in the lower bunk, he couldn't cry.

    He always recalls that when he was very young, he fell to the ground running, or broke his favorite toy, and his mother would say: when you want to cry, just smile and it will be fine.

    So from then on, Jiang Xing always smiled.

.Living in a home that was not his own, he was restrained and polite. His adoptive parents treated him well, and they deserved a lot of care and discipline, not to mention half of the inheritance he inherited from his parents.

    For this, Jiang Xing has always been grateful. Since I got my first income from programming as an adult, the monthly alimony to my adoptive parents is only a lot more.

    It's just that a person's heart never grows in the middle, and there are many times when adoptive parents don't always remember his share.

    Most of the things, he has forgotten, or is used to it so he doesn't take it to heart.

    The only thing I wanted to forget for a long time, but couldn't forget, was the day of his eleventh birthday.

.For a child who was pampered and raised at that age, "eat when you're hungry," "drink when you're thirsty," and "you can get a gift on your birthday" seem to be common sense.

    Even if his parents are no longer around, he still has a little hope, imagining that he is still standing in the middle of the world.

    However, when I opened my eyes in the morning, there was no gift by the pillow; the family sat together for dinner without a single birthday wish.

    He waited quietly for a day until his adoptive father came home from get off work with two boxes of expensive model cars.

    His eyes lit up.

    Until the adoptive father smiled and distributed the gift to his two sons, saying that it was a gift from a company colleague.

    The elder brother and younger brother were very happy, they took the box and opened it, even forgetting to eat the meal.

.The adoptive mother glanced at him and complained a little about her husband, and the adoptive father also glanced at him, her expression changed from embarrassment to ashamed and apologetic, saying that she took less and would buy another one for him tomorrow.

    He listened quietly, then smiled and said, don't buy it, he's fine.

    The adoptive parents praised him for being sensible.

    He also really became sensible at that moment.

    Looking at his adoptive parents' family of four, the eleven-year-old had no choice but to understand one thing—

    It's not that things are missing, it's that he has more.

    After that day, Jiang Xing no longer celebrated his birthday.