The Promised Neverland Part 8

Hashirama

Kakashi wants me dead. The little boy I helped nurture and cared for since he was a baby actually wants me dead and it's all because he thinks I'm a monster. I thought to myself as I sat alone in my room.

He thinks I'm actually capable of killing a innocent child who's done nothing wrong. The idea makes me sick to my stomach. All I want is for my babies to go to good-loving homes. Why would I kill them after they've been adopted?

I hid my face in my hands and wept.

Don't cry love, everything will be fine. I promise you that

It was the black-haired man from my dreams. Sometimes he speaks to me.

"Who are you"? I whispered.

You'll find out soon enough. In the meantime keep doing what you have to

Ryuko

I arrived home late that night. I took my shoes off at the door and let me hair loose as I made my way inside. I smiled as I was immediately hit with the smell of food cooking on the stove and knew my boyfriend was here. I smiled as I made my way to him, wrapped my arms around him from behind and rested my head against his back.

"Welcome home Ryu". I could hear the smile in his voice. "Mmm something smells good". "I'm making one of your many favorites". "Can't wait". "Are you allowed to drink tonight"? "One glass won't hurt". "Yes ma'am".

I took my seat at the kitchen island and waited until everything was ready. He fixed us each a glass of whiskey and we talked while the food cooked. "How was work my love"? "Stressful. We're still trying to find Hashirama and the kids as well as trying to find out who's behind the child murders at Grace field and to make matters worse I think Madara's reaching his breaking point". I said taking a sip.

"What makes you say that"? "I can see it in his eyes when I look at him. If it doesn't involve Stone his eyes are lifeless and dull. Hashirama was everything to him. He can't go on much longer without him". I said looking down into my glass.

He placed his hand on my knee and smiled gently. "I know you're scared for your brother but we can't give up hope just yet. I know this case has been a stressful one for you that's why I decided to help". "Help how"? "I decided to adopt one of the kids from there". "Thank you Jellal". I said smiling warmly.

Kakashi

"But even if Obito manages to keep papa busy what about sister Mito"? Asuma asked while the four of us walked through the forest together. "Yeah if she finds out we'll be shipped out immediately right"? Kurenai asked. "Don't worry I have an Idea". I said. But as soon as I said that sister Mito popped out from behind a tree and stood in front of us.

"I saw it you know". Rin gasped. "That's right children, I saw everything. All of of you were talking last night in. The. Dining. Hall". She said with that creepy smile on her face as always. "The ones who know the secret about this house are Kakashi, Obito, Rin, Asuma and Kurenai, five of you total. So, you want to join forces"?

Neither of us said anything.

"Are you aware of the management systemem here? Girls who meet certain conditions and live till the age of twelve are usually presented with two different paths when their about to be shipped out. Continue and die or aim to become a mom"? She said while walking around us.

"What conditions"? Asuma asked. "High test scores and the mom's recommendation. Meet those requirements and it's possible to survive without escaping, if your a girl". "Only girls? What about papa then"? Rin asked. "Your papa is a special case although I don't recommend it.