Rescued By The Mafia Part 9

Kakashi

I couldn't believe it, Obito had actually defended me to members of his family. His words weren't just words, he actually meant what he said. He actually wants to protect me and keep me safe. No one has ever done that before besides Siro.

I thought he would be mad with me. I thought he would yell at me for leaving him and taking his kindness for granted but he didn't.

What did I do to deserve him in my life? Did you send me to him this time mom?

"You ok Kakashi? Is all of this too much for you"? Obito asked coming to meet me on the balcony that connected to Stone's room. After the meeting he had a few things to take care of so I went ahead and headed back to my room to wait for him. I was free to roam around the mansion but didn't want to unless he was with me.

"No, if I'm being honest I expected to get hit more than I was. Miss Ryuko and Miss Aki already had their turn so I thought Mr. Izuna would also have a shot along with your siblings". "Are you used to getting hit often"? I nodded. "Is that a bad thing Obito"? I looked up at him sadly already knowing the answer.

His hand moved to my cheek as his eyes matched the sadness in mine. "No honey, no. What he did to you should have never happened. No one is supposed to be used to getting hit by anyone let alone their parent. If I had known what I do now back then there's no way in hell I would have let you leave".

"Did you look for me"? "Every single day, I could barely rest because I was so worried about you". "It's been twelve years". "I know. Tell you what, how about I take you somewhere that's special to me"? "Please do".

I held onto him tight as we rode through town on his motorbike. Normally he would ride by himself which is why he only had one helmet. I thought he would have put it on him but he gave it to me instead. It was a little big but that didn't matter. Nothing mattered except for the wind flowing through his hair and clothes, the way the bike felt riding against the pavement road, and his scent, so strong yet comforting and calming at the same time.

When we came to a stop I looked around and saw that we had stopped in front of a cafe but not just any cafe. It was the same cafe he had taken me to when we were kids. "Obito". "Come on". He got off first then helped me off before heading inside hand in hand.

I thought people would look at us weird but nobody batted an eye at us. They didn't care what we were doing. "Is that who I think it is"!? The cashier lady asked excitedly. She was older now but I recognized her as the nice lady that had given me cake on my birthday.

"I see you remember Kakashi"? Obito said. "How could I not? The two of you were so cute together as kids, I'm glad you've found each other again".

You and me both

"We're not eating in today, unfortunately, is the order I called in done"? "Mhm, it just got finished". She made her way into the back and came out with a large bag. I watched as Obito took it and tipped her generously. "Thank you, Sari". "Please come again, take care Kakashi"! She waved as we walked out.

Once outside Obito tied the bag around his arm before helping me back onto the bike and riding off once more. I wanted to talk to him but knew it would be hard for him to hear me over the sound of the wind in both our ears.

An hour later I realized he had brought us to the mountains. He got off the bike and went into his tailed beast form which was a ten-foot lion with a thousand tails behind him. I could only stare at him in amazement. I had always thought lions were majestic creatures but this was something else entirely.

"Ready"? He looked down at me his eyes now bright red. I let out a shaky breath before grabbing the bag of food and nodding my head. One of his many tails wrapped itself around me and placed me securely on his back.

"Hold on tight". I did as told and held on tightly to both his mane and the bag of food as he jumped up and started scaling the mountains. I thought he would climb upwards but instead he ran fast speed along the trails and after a few minutes stopped near the top of it.

I looked in awe once more as I immediately took notice of the large mountain pond that had a waterfall flowing into it. "Obito, it's beautiful". "I'm glad you like it". He let me down and within seconds was once again in his regular form.

"You've mastered your tail beast form I see". I smiled. "Well, it helps when you're friends with your tailed beast". He said making his way over to the pond. "Your friends with yours as well"? I looked at him shocked. Most jinjuriki hate their tailed beasts.

"Mhm, which reminds me thank you for being there for him when I couldn't Siro".

No problem, just don't hurt my pup

"I wouldn't dream of it, all I want to do is love him". I was taken aback once more. "L love? You love me"? He smiled at me. "Come sit". I obeyed immediately. He reached into the bag and took out various kinds of cakes and sandwiches as well as muffins and drinks.

"I didn't know what you would like so I got a little bit of everything, if you have a gluten allergy the gluten-free ones are labeled". He went to grab one of the snacks but I grabbed his hand instead. "How do you know it's true? How do you know you won't change your mind, please Obito".

He didn't look at me. "It's true lions and wolves are natural enemies, it's also true that the Uchiha and Hatake's have been enemies for years but what is also true is how I felt back then and how I feel now. When we were kids all I wanted to do was be your friend and protect you at all costs.

Now that we're adults and have matured those feelings have changed. The second my eyes met yours all I wanted to do was take you into my arms and hide you away from the world. I wanted to make the person that had hurt you suffer but I can't do that since she's my aunt but when you said your father was the cause of all of this I felt a rage grow in me that I had never felt before.

I don't want to force you to stay somewhere your not comfortable but if you do decide to go please, please don't go back to him. I'm scared the next time he hurts you he might take it too far".

"Obito". I held his hand. "I love you Kakashi, I love you so much. It was love at first sight for me".

Word Count: 1245