Let Me Help You Part 2

Obito

I could hear the sound of machines beeping as I slowly came to. My head felt hazy as my arms ached. I didn't have to open my eyes to know that I was in the hospital. I recognized the smell and sounds immediately from having been here so many times.

The last thing I remember was going out with Stone, the two of us drank and talked for a bit before he decided to take me home and stay the night. He helped me to my car and started to pull onto the road with me slowly drifting off. The very last thing I remember was hearing a loud crash.

I opened my eyes and looked up at the ceiling. I was immediately filled with an immense worry. I looked around the room and searched for Stone but didn't see him. Of course theirs the possibility that he was put in a different room but I was worried nonetheless.

He's my twin and my older brother, I couldn't help but worry about him just like I know he can't help but worry about me. When the door opened I felt a bit of relief wash over me. My papa had walked in with a gentle smile on his face.

"Hey, there Obito". "Hey, papa". He came and sat down next to me. "How are you feeling"? "Where's Stone"? "Your brothers fine. He's in his room resting, both Xion and Iruk are with him". "Thank Kami". "Now back to you. Do you remember anything from last night"?

"Stone and I went out drinking to celebrate. We talked for a while then we agreed he would come back home with me. He walked me to my car and the last thing I remember was a loud crash sound before falling asleep completely". I see. How are you feeling"?

I don't want to worry him but I can tell there's something wrong. Since I woke up I haven't been able to feel my legs at all.

"Obito"? "I'm afraid to answer that". I whispered. "Why"? "Because I don't want there to be anything wrong with them". "Them"? "My legs.............I can't feel them".

He stood up, uncovered them, and started tapping  the bottom of my feet.

"Do you feel that"?

"No".

He started to move my toes

"What about that"?

"No".

He moved his hand over my leg next

"Anything"?

"No., Papa, I'm scared". He made his way over to me and gently cupped my cheek. "Don't worry, I'm going to find out what's wrong and give you the best treatment I can for you. Your gonna be ok". I allowed myself to relax but it didn't last. Amethyst came into the room and I'mmedialy hugged me,

Will she be nice this time?

"Oh my gosh Obito are you ok"? I looked down. "Obito"? "Is it ok if I tell her"? Papa asked. I nodded my head. "He and Stone were in a bad car accident last night and right now Obito's having a hard time feeling his legs. I was just about to leave and run some tests on the ex-rays the nurses took".

"Of course, do whatever you have to". "I'll be back soon baby". He kissed me on the forehead then left closing the door. She waited a minute after the door shut before raising her hand up and slapping me across the face.

"This is all your fault! If you hadn't been out drinking this never would've happened! You should have been at home with me where you belong instead of some filthy bar! I bet you weren't even at the bar. I bet you had your brother lie for you so you could cheat on me. Now the both of you are in the hospital and it's all your fault"!

"That's not at all what happened". I said looking down. "Yes, it is! Man up and take responsibility for once"! It took everything I had to not start crying in front of her.

"I'm sorry. I'll try to do better". "You fucking better or else I'm leaving". I looked up at her pleadingly. "Please don't. Whatever you want from me I'll give it to you just please don't leave me". "Fine, but you're on thin ice". "I understand".

Stone

My body was sore as I finally came to. I could feel two people playing beside me and immediately knew who they were. "The two of you can stop stressing, I'll be fine".

"You scared the living hell out of us you stupid baka"! Iruka yelled. I turned and saw he was sitting up with tears in his eyes. I gently pulled him back down and held him close to me. "I thought I was gonna lose you". He sobbed.

"I'm not going anywhere Iru, it's gonna take a lot more then a car crash to kill me". I felt Xion hold onto me from behind. "I'm not going to leave you both for a long time". "Promise"? They asked in unison.

"I promise my loves". I kissed them both on the head. "I love you both to much to ever leave you". They nuzzled close to me as shouting could be heard from across the hall. I immediately recognized the voice as Amephyst's

"What's going on"? Iruka asked. "It's probably just a doctor yelling at a patient that needs to get help for his illness". I knew Obito wouldn't want me to tell anyone. As his twin I have to respect that no matter how much it may hurt to do so.

Kakashi

"This is all your fault! You're the reason she  died"! He yelled with so much rage in his eyes. I had never seen him like this before. "Obito, it's not what it looks like, I can explain"! I said desperately as he glared at me.

"I don't want to fucking hear it. All your gonna do is lie to me".

Those were the last words I heard him say before he walked off. Obito was my best friend and the person I'm in love with but that all changed when our friend Rin, the love of his life died because of me. Over the years I've tried to explain to him what happened but he made it clear he doesn't want to see me.

"Oh there you are Kakashi, I have a patient for you"? Hashirama said as he came into the break room. "What's their symptoms"? He was in a bad car crash and is paralyzed from the waist down". "Permanently"?

"No, he'll start to get some feeling back but he'll need a lot of home therapy to do so". "I understand. What's their name"? "It's Obito, Kakashi". I felt my heart sink.

Word Count: 1124