So Close Yet So Far Part 3

Obito

It worked. I was actually able to be near Kakashi and hold him again. The only downside is that he didn't know it was real. My poor Kashi, he looked so defeated. It felt as if that was the first time he was ever truly able to relax.

I know my being away would be hard but I can't help but feel as if there's more going on that I don't know about. Maybe I should come clean and tell him everything that's happening. I can tell he needs me and the last thing I want to do is make him suffer more. Tonight Kashi. Ima tell you everything tonight.

Naruto

I was laying in bed by myself curled up into a ball. Tears pricked the corners of my eyes as I held Sasuke's headband in my hand. I missed him so much. It felt like my heart is breaking a little more each and everyday he isn't here.

I want him back. I want him back home with me. I want to feel him hold me in his arms, fall asleep curled up next to him and simply just talk to him. I want my raven back.

"I miss you so much Sasuke. Please just come home". I said with tears in my eyes.

There was soon a knock at my door. I reluctantly got up and saw that it was Sakura there. "Yeah Sakura"? I asked leaning against the door frame tried. "I thought the two of us could hang out today. You know, like old times". "I don't know, I'm not feeling that good".

"The Fresh air will do you some good, I promise". "I don't want to go". "You sure as heck can't stay cooped up in here forever. It's not good for you". "Says who"? "Says me now let's go". She pulled me by the arm and dragged me along with her.

I was only wearing a plain t-shirt and sweatpants as she dragged me over to our friends. "Hey, guys"! She said smiling. "Hey Sakura". Ino said. "Hey Naruto". Shikamaru said. "Hey". I said unenthusiastically. "Everything ok Naruto"? Hinata asked.

"Yeah I'm fine". "So what did you want to tell all of us Sakura"? Ino asked. "I thought it was time I let all of you in on Natuto and mines little secret. You see for the past few months the two of us have secretly been dating". She said smiling.

Nothing and I mean nothing could have prepared me for this. Yeah I know Sakura can be a bitch at times but to actually lie about us being together when she knows I'm still in love with Sasuke is just cruel. Did she ever care about my feelings or was Sasuke right about her this whole time?

I could feel my heartbeat starting to quicken as well as feel my palms start to sweat. It felt like everything was spinning around me the more I heard everyone congratulate Sakura and I own our relationship. I didn't wanna be here. I wanted to find Sasuke, run into his arms and hide. I didn't feel safe right now.

All of a sudden I felt a hand grab mine. I didn't look up to see who it was. I just let them drag me away from that awful situation. The two of us walked for awhile until i heard them open a door. "Naruto, are you ok"? Their voice was gentle as they held a firm grip on my shoulders.

"S Sasuke"? "No Naru, it's me. It's Sai". "W Where are w we? Where's Sasuke"? I asked shaking. "We're at my house. Your safe". "I I'am"? "Yes you are". "Why would she lie like that Sai? Sasuke's the one I love, not her".

"I'm so sorry she did that to you but you are aware Sasuke is apart of the akatsuki now right"? "I don't care about that. All I want is to be with him and only him. I love him". He took me into his arms and held me tight as I cried on his shoulder. "Please do me a favor". "Anything". "If anyone asks I'm staying at your place and don't want to be bothered". "Alright Naru".

That night I went for a late night walk in the forest. I snuck past the guards and allowed the tall trees to shield me. I didn't want to be seen by anyone. I wanted to hide for as long as I possibly could. I know that's the coward thing to do but I can't face anymore right now. My heart hurts to much for that.

I picked up a stick and drew a picture of me and Sasuke together. He was holding me close to him and we both had a smile on our faces. When I was done I drew a heart around it.

"Why didn't you take me with you"? I asked with tears in my eyes looking at my picture. "If I'm being honest I didn't think you'd come". I hadn't even felt his chakra approach. "How long"? "Since you left the village. I had a bad feeling and decided to come check on you".

"I'm glad you did". I said holding my knees closer to me. "Did something happen"? "Sakura, she lied to everyone. She told them that the two of us are in a relationship when she knows I still have feelings for you". "You do"? I nodded my head.

I heard his footsteps land on the forest floor followed by him making his way over to me. The next thing I felt were his arms holding me from behind. I grabbed ahold of his wrist and silently cried. "You are aware I'm a criminal right. If you come with me everyone will try to rescue you and think I brainwashed you".

"I don't care, I hate it there. I almost had a panic attack because of what she did". I turned and cried into his chest. "I had no idea it was that bad". He said softly while gently stroking my hair.

"Please, please take me home with you. I don't wanna be here anymore". He held me tight. "If that's what you want". "It is". He helped me up to my feet and held my hand as he led me away from the village.

Kakashi

Inside dream

It was peaceful. The wind blew gently through my hair as I stood on top of a cliff waiting for Obito. A genuine smile was on my lips even though no one could see it. I thought of showing it to Obito one day but that day wasn't today. I heard him approach and kept my back facing him. I could tell something was bothering him.

"This place isn't real". "I know". "Your talking to an adult version of me Kashi, I don't know how well your memory is but I was twelve when I was crushed under those boulders". "Trust me I haven't forgotten". "Then why? Why are you so content with this".

"It's because I'm talking to an adult version of you". I turned around and looked at him with tears in my eyes. "Kashi". "Your alive aren't you"? "I'am". "If I were to touch you would it be like touching a dream version of you"? "No, the Mangekyou we share gives us the ability to touch each other through our minds".

"So this isn't a dream"? "It is but it's as if it's happening in real life. Like if you and I were to be intimate right now your body would still feel everything we did when you woke up. It wouldn't be a dream at all. We would have actually done it".

I made my way over to him, wrapped my arms around his waist and placed my head against his heart. My tears fell as I listened to it beating in his ribcage. "We have the same heartbeat". I whispered. He wrapped his arms around me and gently stroked my hair.

"I missed you, so much". "I missed you as well. I'm so sorry I couldn't come sooner. Please forgive me". "You already are. I can never stay mad at you for long. I'm just glad you're alive". He kissed my head and we stayed like that for the rest of the night.

Word Count. 1392