So Close Yet So Far Part 2

Kakashi

The next day I woke up to my alarm waking me up. I opened my eyes and saw the sun peering out from under the closed curtains. I then looked at my alarm clock and saw that it was ten in the morning.

"I don't feel like getting up"

Do you plan on hiding in your room all day

"If it means I can escape reality for a little bit then yeah".

What about your students?

"I'll send a clone".

What would Obito think?

"Please Siro, don't". I whispered with tears in my eyes.

I won't but what I will say is I know he probably wouldn't want to see you suffer like this

"Too bad, he's the only one that can take the pain away".

Have you even tried to move on?

"I can't".

After Siro was finally able to convince me to head out I went for a walk. I was kinda hungry so I decided I would go get something to eat. I had my hand in my pockets like always and walked to Ichiraku Ramon. "Hey there Teuchi". "Hey Kakashi, how's it been"? "Pretty good, I can't complain". I said giving him my usual fake closed eye smile.

"That's good. What can I get for you today"? "One bowl of Miso Ramon please". "Coming right up". He smiled then headed into the kitchen. "Hey there senpai"?

Just great

"Hello there Yamato". "How have you been"? "Good, thank you for asking". "How's your team"? "Their good as well". "It must be hard, you only have Sai and Naruto left". "What are you getting at"? "Well I mean Sasuke and Mashi did leave the village and ended up becoming akatuski members. I can't begin to imagine how much that must hurt".

"It does but I know they'll come back one day". "Why would you even want them back? It's clear they don't care about you or what you've done for them". "I don't expect you to understand. Your not there teacher". "Here you go Kakashi". Teuchi said bringing my food over. "Thank you". "Anything I can get you Yamato"?

"No thank you I'm good". I took a bite and tried my best to ignore him. "No but I'am Naruto's teacher and I can see how much this is hurting him". "No your not, I'm his sensei not you". I said glaring at him. "I was the one that helped turn him into the shinobi he is today not you".

"I assure you I meant no harm. Yes you tranined him when he was a kid but I'm the only one out of us two that can keep the nintails in check if Naruto was to ever lose control".

Keep him in control

Calm down Siro, I've got this

"Naruto is fully capable of handling Kurama on his own. He doesn't need you watching him". "Who's Kurama"? "That's the nine tails name. You are aware he had a name right"? "How was I supposed to know that"? I said nothing.

"Let's change the subject shall we. Is there anyone new in your life"? "If your asking me rather or not I'm dating the answer is no". "Really? I thought someone as handsome as you would have a line of men and women asking him out".

"It doesn't matter if there is or isn't. I'm not interested". "Ok, what about any one night stands"? "I have more respect for myself than that". "Have you ever been in a relationship"? "I have". "What caused the two of you to break up"?

"I don't believe that's any of your business". "Oh I get it, they cheated". "Don't you ever disrespect him like that infont of me. He never cheated on me". "So you cheated then"? "Of course not, he was everything to me". "Then what happened"? "He died if you must know".

"I'm sorry senpai, I didn't know". "Forget it". I payed for my food and left.

How dare he? He had no business talking about Obito like that or making assumptions about him. He was my boyfriend, no one else's. The fact that he would even suggest Obito would hurt me makes me sick to my stomach.

"Hey there sensei". Naruto yelled making his way over to me. I immediately relaxed. "Hey there Naruto". I said giving him a genuine smile. "How are you"? "I'm good, thank you for asking". "Any word about Sasuke"? "No I'm afraid".

"I see". He said looking down. "I'm sure the two of you will be together again one day". "I hope your right. I miss him". "I know you do. I miss him and Mashi as well". "For what it's worth you were a good sensei to the three of us, you still are". "Thank you, that means a lot coming from you".

Sasuke

I was in my room looking at a picture of Naruto. He had on his usual big smile but I couldn't feel happy when looking at it. All I felt was sadness. I don't regret leaving the village but I do regret leaving him. He means everything to me and it hurts being apart from him.

"Thinking of Naruto again"? Mashi asked. The two of us shared a room. "That obvious"? "I am your twin".  "I want him here with me but I know that's not possible". "You never know". "Naruto isn't a criminal Mashi. He wants be to become Hokage".

"So did Obito Nii but you saw what happened with that". "I don't wanna hurt him". "You already are by staying away from him". "He deserves better than me". "Make me smack you upside the head". "You sound just like papa". "I'll take that as a compliment".

"Your annoying". "Good, that means I'm doing my job right". She said smirking. "It's been years. What if he's moved on by now"? "I highly doubt that. It's Naruto we're talking about". "Mashi". "Don't Mashi me. I hate seeing you miserable like this and it's not just me. Everyone else does as well". "I'll consider it". "That's all I ask". She said smiling.

Kakashi

That night I laid in bed and dreamt of Obito.

Inside dream

The two of us were sitting by a lake together. The sun was glistening over the waters surface beautifully while keeping us warm at the same time. I rested my head on his shoulder while he had his arm wrapped around me. "I love you so much". I said nuzzling closer to him.

"I love you too but you are aware this is just a dream right". He said softly. "Please just let me pretend for awhile. I need an escape". "Ok wolfie". "I miss your nicknames for me". "Even Bakashi"? "Mhm, especially that one".

"I'm always with you you know". "I know but it doesn't change that fact that I need you here". I said holding onto him tighter. "Kashi". "Please come back home Obito. Come back to me". "I would if I could". "Come visit me more often then". "You have my word on that". "Thank you".

Word Count. 1176