Chapter Four: Longing

Minho pressed off the ground, swinging his right foot through the air. Without looking, Gahyeon parried the kick. The woman stepped forward dropped to her knees--straddling atop Minho's stomach--her eyes keeping its connection the entire time.

"You never answered my question from earlier. Have you ever been sucked before?"

Fearing the match would end, Minho squirmed, throwing a punch only for Gahyeon to catch the attack. The woman's eyes began to glow, eclipsing Minho's.

As if he were helpless prey in the claws of an apex predator, Gahyeon pinned Minho's wrists to the floor.

"Judging by your stance, your hands are the source of your Allele. So, if I eliminate that threat, you're helpless~"

Gahyeon placed the pads of her free fingers on Minho's neck, softly wrapping her hand around his neck once more. Unlike the forcefulness of her strangle, Minho felt nothing but her soft hands prodding for his pulse.

"You didn't answer, but I already know what I need to," Gahyeon whispered, "I hope you enjoy your first time~"

Minho's racing heart slowed. The strength in his limbs faded, pooling toward the hand wrapped around his neck.

"Oh~" Gahyeon cooed, "You're so delicious~ But don't worry. I won't take too much of your life force. Just enough for you to make a comfortable recovery."

Suddenly, Gahyeon's eyes widened. The strength in her body began to fade instead. Opposing the invigorating feeling from her right hand, the woman felt something pulling at her body--from everywhere she made contact with her opponent.

Slowly, Gahyeon slouched over until she laid atop Minho's larger frame. Despite laying limp on top of him, Minho continued to struggle to break free.

She's still conscious. She's fighting back-

Minho raised his leg, kicking Gahyeon off his body. As the two moved back to their feet, Gahyeon wiped her mouth with the back of her hand--her signature smile spreading between her cheeks.

"You interest me, Minho."

"Aaand I think we'll call it there."

Ms. Kang stepped between the two combatants with her arms outstretched to both.

"The judges have seen more than enough."

Gahyeon frowned, "That's no fun... It was starting to get interesting."

"Your definition and my definition of fun are two completely different things," Ms. Kang replied coldly, "Yujin! You're up next."

Yujin took a deep breath, exhaling from the depths of her core. Waves of distortion wrapped around the young girl's hands in her eyes, pulling at the light itself.

"She's got an advantage," Mr. Kim commented, "Since we know what her Allele is, we know what's going on, but since Yujin's the only one who can see her psionic energy, Gahyeon won't know."

Gahyeon opened her mouth. As she blinked, Yujin appeared in front of the woman just in time for her to open her eyes. Out of sheer reaction, the older woman blocked, falling back.

"Woah!! You're stronger than you look!"

She worked back to her feet, cracking her neck.

"Is that your Allele?"

Yujin remained silent, pressing off the ground. Trails of distortions filled Yujin's eyes as she threw punch after punch.

Gahyeon weaved between the psi-enhanced attacks, parrying at Yujin's wrists.