Chapter Nine: Revenge

"I need some time to myself."

Chaewon gripped the ledge, hanging herself off the side of the roof. She pressed her feet against the wall, sliding down from each foothold until she reached the ground.

Slowly, the student disappeared into the crowd leaving Minho to his thoughts.

Chaewon hugged her knees, pressing her back against the wall of a secluded alley. The sun's rays reached deep into the area, yet the only thing she could do was shiver.

"Why... Why... Why me..."

Her sobs permeated through the crisp air calling for someone, yet the only response she received were echoes. Time bit at the radish's skin as her tears squeezed the warmth from her rosy cheeks.

"Excuse me? Is everything okay?"

Chaewon lifted her head, meeting the gaze of a tall man. He wore a navy blue coat with the emblem of IZLand's police force and a hint of worry in his eyes.

"Y-Yeah," She nodded, "I'm just a little sad."

The man extended his hand, changing his worried frown to that of a soft smile.

"It's too cold out here for you to be alone. Let's get you somewhere warmer."

Chaewon pulled herself to her feet, rubbing her tear streaks.

"Okay."

"We're only mid-way through the day... What should we do next?"

Yena's eyes darted to her peripherals, eyeing a familiar figure occupying a nearby bench.

"Is that Minho?"

"Yeah," Minju replied.

The boy sat with his foot resting atop his knee. His arms nestled within one another, seemingly serving as the focus on his gaze.

"Where's Chaewonie then...? I thought those two were with each other."

Dayeon scanned her surroundings, furrowing her eyebrows.

"I can't find her... How about you, Bae oppa- He's gone too... Where'd he go?!"

Bae groaned as he placed himself next to Minho.

"Hey bro."

Minho glanced at the older boy, returning his gaze back to his lap.

"Hyung."

The two boys sat in silence, drawing sighs from both.

"I see," Bae nodded, patting Minho's back, "I hope things work out."

Yena, Minju and Dayeon watched their groupmate return with careful eyes, maintaining their silence as Bae stopped before them.

"So...?" Yena trailed.

"Something happened between the two of them, so they're spending time apart," Bae replied, "He doesn't know where she is though."

Minju blinked rapidly, shaking her head, "How did you get that from three words total between you two?!"

Bae shrugged, "I don't know. I just did. The silence told me everything."

Yena shook her head, "I will never understand boys..."

"Should we go look for Chaewon unnie?" Dayeon questioned.

"She'll be fine," Yena waved dismissively, "She's more than capable of taking care of herself."

Minju nodded, "She's been training hard, so she can probably floor anyone who approaches her."

"That sounds like something Y/n would say," Yena scoffed.