Pt2Ch23: Ara

Y/n threw his kunai, summoning a second to his off hand. In a flash of yellow, Y/n teleported next to the one he assumed to be Felix. Yellow lightning crackled from his teeth as he grabbed the flying kunai mid air; with a swipe, a rush of blood filled the air. In the span of seconds, Y/n repeated the process, throwing, teleporting to the kunai, and slashing his next target until only Han remained. With Woojin's invisibility dispelled, both Yuri and Y/n finally got a good look at the faces of their aggressors.

"They look like they're being controlled," Yuri remarked. "That means JYP probably knows we're here--we need to make this quick."

"The people I fought before I came here were the same," Y/n mumbled.

Yuri grabbed Han's face. A glowing light formed in the girl's palm, seemingly causing the man to tremble and groan in agony. When Yuri pulled away, a golden rune different from the one on her navel hovered above her palm. She dispelled the older rune, replacing it with her new finding. "Let's go. If more show up, we might be in trouble."

The pair started toward the metal double doors at the end of the passage. Inside, a large team of researchers scrambled around what looked like a laboratory. The only light in this room came from a large chunk of glowing ice--which the researches carved from. Tables of papers and testing equipment filled the interior in an organized mess, reflecting the researchers themselves.

"Kill them all," Yuri ordered.

Y/n sighed. He darted around the room, killing the researchers before they knew what hit them. With a large red stain on the ground, Yuri swiped the test tubes. She stuffed them in her pocket, waving Y/n over.

"Let's get out of here!!"

Minho watched Donghyun and Daehyun spar with crossed arms. The gentle academy breezes and background noise suddenly came to a stop as the area around him shifted. All signs of IZLand and its capital disappeared from right under him, leaving the instructor in a white void.

An attack?! I don't sense anyone.

Golden clouds settled in, painting the sky with shining stars. A misty haze crept around, prompting Minho to steel himself.

"Worry not, mortal. This is not an attack," a feminine voice said. It appeared omnidirectional--as if the sky itself reassured him.

From the mist, a woman the size of a building stepped before Minho. Everything about her told Minho to kneel; before he knew it, he lowered his head.

"As the only one who's come in direct contact with the divine through natural means following Park Ji Hoon's disappearance, you're the only person I can talk to," the goddess continued. "There is a great calamity that approaches you and your people. You must take Kim Chaewon, Miyawaki Sakura, and Kim Riwon to a temple deep within the mountains east."

"Why them?" Minho questioned under his breath.

"I cannot say," the goddess replied. "But if you wish to save your country, completing this task is paramount."

In the blink of an eye Minho returned to the field, dazed. His students stared in confusion, furrowing their eyebrows.

"Are you okay, Mr. Kim?" Donghyun questioned.

"Yeah, do you need to go to the infirmary?" Daehyun added.

Minho pinched his nose, shaking his head. "I need to talk to the commander. Go practice with Ms. Kim's students while I'm gone."

Inside Chaeyeon's office, the commander looked at Minho with intrigue. "You're telling me a goddess reached out to you and gave you a warning. This warning foretells of a 'calamity' that requires you, Sakura, Chaewon, and Riwon to go to a temple."