Chapter Fifty-Three: Student & Master

Warning: This chapter contains scenes of torture at the end. Viewer discretion is advised.

Y/n swung his sword downward, practicing his swings as he had done so thousands of times prior. Beads of sweat dripped down his forehead, cooling him under the beating sun.

"Y/n? Are you busy right now?"

He turned to the deep feminine voice, shaking his head. "I'm just practicing my swings, Ms. Jeon."

"Great!" Heejin clapped her hands with a smile, "Can you spar with Riwon here? I would have asked Kami, but he's out right now."

Y/n dismissed his sword. Curiosity regarding how he would train the first year ate at the back of his mind.

"I would like for you two to spar with swords," Heejin instructed.

Y/n sighed in relief, "Alright. That makes things easier."

He pulled two dull katanas from the air, extending one toward Riwon. As she accepted the training weapon, Y/n took a peek under the girl's hood only to find disappointment as she tilted her head down.

Awe man... I was wondering what she looks like.

"Are you comfortable sharing your Allele?" Y/n asked gently.

"I can use any weapon," Riwon replied.

Heejin turned her back toward the students, waving, "Have fun!!"

Y/n raised an eyebrow, "Use any weapon you say... Let's test that out."

Y/n took the first swing, grinning as the young girl parried. He stepped back, dodging a swipe from her before retaking the offensive.

The two students clashed swords repeatedly, but as their session progressed, Y/n spotted hole after hole in her technique.

He struck Riwon's blade, drawing the two to a standstill. With little effort, Y/n shifted his weight downward, pushing forward, causing the young girl to fall backward.

"I see what's going on here," Y/n nodded. "You have a lot to learn."

Riwon's eyes sparkled with excitement as she stood to her feet, "What can you teach me, Oppa?"

Y/n pushed his palms outward, "Calm down there. Let's keep it at 'Sunbae nim' for now."

The young girl nodded. She readied her stance, inviting Y/n for another round.

Yena placed her hands on her hips, taking in a deep breath of the fresh IZland air. A confident grin brought her confident steps forward with each swing of her confident hands. She paced toward her team's meeting spot only to find Dayeon laying on the grass.

"Dayeonie? Where's the rest?" Yena questioned.

"Ms. Kang was called for a mission, and before that, she told Minju unnie to go learn how to fight from Lee Gahyeon," Dayeon replied.

A bead of sweat ran down Yena's forehead and over her disgusted facial expressions as she sighed.

Kim Minju... You poor soul...

"Does that mean its just the two of us today?"

Dayeon nodded. She turned toward Y/n, pointing in his direction, "I was planning on meditating while waiting for Y/n oppa so I can spar with him."

Yena turned to the sun-kissed field where the grass swayed gently in the breeze, eyeing Y/n and Riwon facing each other. Y/n stands with an air of quiet confidence. His grip on his katana reveals the calluses of his countless hours wielding the weapon.