Chapter Ten: It's Okay

Chaewon's agonized screams echoed through the dark alley, slowly growing faint as her blood drained from her body.

"It'll be fun watching you bleed out-"

The man's head snapped to the side, beckoning to the soles of Minho's shoe. The boy eyed his radish classmate upon landing, widening his eyes.

"Noona!!"

Minho blinked behind the figure grappled to Chaewon. Malice poured from the boy's glowing eyes, fueling the wellspring of power backing his body.

Before he could register Minho's disappearance, the boy slammed his foot into the man's ribs--causing a splintering crack to sound through the walls.

Without letting a single grunt seep from his mouth, Minho grabbed the man's arms. His fingers dug into the taller figure's shoulders, gouging the flesh as he tore his shoulders from their sockets--leaving the man's arms limp at his sides.

The glow in the student's eyes receded as the man limply fell to the ground. Huffs of anger dispelled the emotion from his body, leaving only his heart on display.

"Noona!"

Minho rushed to Chaewon's side, cradling the limp student in his arms.

"Noona. Look at me. Everything's okay. You'll be okay- Okay? Please look at me..."

Chaewon opened her eyes, letting out a soft breath of relief. The once bountiful vitality in her brown orbs flickered. The smile she beamed grew weak, and her breathing staggered.

"Minho ya... Thank you for everything..."

"No!"

Minho pulled the radish closer, biting his lip. Tears streamed down his cheeks, dropping down onto Chaewon's. The chilling bite of the air on Chaewon's damp skin comforted her while she embraced Minho's warmth--the warmth she missed so dearly.

"I'll get you out of here. I'll bring you to Doctor Miyawaki and you'll be perfectly fine. I'll- I'll save you. Just stay with me... please... I didn't get to tell you how I feel..."

"It's okay," Chaewon smiled, "You being here tells me everything I need to know."

"Let me say it with my words..."

Minho's quivering voice struck Chaewon's heart like a harp's cord prompting the radish to reach to wipe his tears with her remaining strength.

"Thank you for everything... I... love you..."

Chaewon's hand fell to her stomach, eliciting a breath mimicking the fading light in her eyes.

"No... Noona..."

A small, faint shift reached Minho from behind him, causing the boy to whisk his head toward its source. From the pitch black passage, Minho's eyes glowed as the only visible object--not with energy, but bloodlust.

Minho blinked next to the impostor, slamming his hand against the man's neck. The world around him slowed to a halt, giving the boy all the time he needed to plot his assault.

Large gusts of wind burst from Minho's spot, following the forceful crash of bone against brick. Tears fell onto the man's face one by one with each ram of his head into the pavement.

Screams of rage billowed from the depths of Minho's diaphragm. No matter how many times he rammed the man's skull against the pavement. No matter how much blood he spilt. No matter how much joy he gained in the slowed time, the boy couldn't rid himself of his grief.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed Minho's wrist.

What?! I didn't notice them approach me-!

Minho threw his free first toward the owner of the hand, gasping.